Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~Bz Kn33z Black VN~

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I just bought some 15X7 Pursuit rims, all in great nick for $60 very happy with the price i thought i got a bargain, now i just have to sell the chasers

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Went to fit the 85lt drop tank on my VN and replaced all the hoses painted it liquid chrome with black straps. I fitted one strap up fine and the other one is different :p the left side on mine is bolted and this one is a wedge type fitted one so i will cut it off and weld 3-4inches of my old strap onto it so i can bolt it up. then i can fit the surge tank and external pump. lack of motivation that is for sure haha.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Went to fit the 85lt drop tank on my VN and replaced all the hoses painted it liquid chrome with black straps. I fitted one strap up fine and the other one is different :p the left side on mine is bolted and this one is a wedge type fitted one so i will cut it off and weld 3-4inches of my old strap onto it so i can bolt it up. then i can fit the surge tank and external pump. lack of motivation that is for sure haha.

Thats pretty much what I did, overlapped them a few inches rather butting them up to each, works fine

Dazz

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah pretty straight forward i thought it was just a bolt up job, are all the V8 straps the same? this came off a 94 stato from that the sender unit and guy that i bought it off told me.

Uoyon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
You think you could post some updated photos? Like all angles, frothing so hard

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Car isnt really in prime state atm, some panels have been sanded back and it looks like crap haha. As it sits atm 18s on front 15s on back, drop tank fitted up but waiting to cut the strap i did it but i stuffed up and 4got the rubber on top of the fuel tank so its not lining up right so i have to cut/weld the strap again then that will be all good to go.

I've got carpet for the boot cut up some checker plate to mount the 044 and 2l Surge tank in the boot on top of the arch. everything is good to go really just lack of motivation and Home renos getting in the way.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah I over lapped mine aswell by 2-3 inches but stuffed up on measurements so i have to do it again lol.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Yeah I over lapped mine aswell by 2-3 inches but stuffed up on measurements so i have to do it again lol.

I think I got mine right more from good luck than good management LOL

Dazz

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I measured with the rubber not on the tank haha so its way to tight :p and gotta have that rubber so i gotta do it all over again, but its been raining here lately and i got no shed where i am atm so it sucks.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Finally got off my ass and rugged up to do some late night Grinding and welding, i made the strap longer and the fuel tank is now fitted now to install the new carpet and surge tank.