Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

c***head of a policeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
so tonight i was driving through town and get pulled up by not 1, not 2 but 3 cops at once as if i was in some high speed pursuit. they told me to get out of my car and all that. accused me of doing burnouts with " my ######## mates" and i hadnt even said a word yet and was driving on my own with no care behind or infornt for a good 50 metres. went over my car with a fine tooth comb and only got me for a pod filter (fair fair). but what im asking if theres any cops on here is that what would happen if i complain about how much of an asshole he was and harrasing me telling me im just a "young know it all hoon who thinks hes unstoppable and calling me an idiot telling me to be quiet and shut my mouth whenever i try say i didnt do anything? when all i was doing was driving my car down a road minding my own business?
my dad said he would just leave it alone and put up with the fine but i really dont think it was all that appropriate to be accusing me and harrasin me of doing burnouts and speeding when he didnt see me do jack and also calling me a young idiot who knows nothing? just REAAALLLYYYYYY pissed me off and would like to know what i can do to get back at him. THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE RETALIATE?!?!

you could have a point but your posts are sooo hard to read due to not using upper case to start new sentences or indeed construct paragraphs that I just couldnt be bothered. it appears to be just laziness as your shift key/caps lock appears to be working fine when you SHOUT OUT LOUD further on. perhaps they knew about this and this was the reason for picking on you.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if the story is indeed as you have told it, and you did nothing wrong then take a breath and write a factual letter (without all the emotion) describing the event with as much detail as possible and send or drop it off to the relevant police station. You won't get revenge or payback, but at least you've made your voice heard and the responsible officers should at least be expected to explain their side of the story to the senior officer.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
i came on here for an answer isnt that what forums are for? and yeh i figured thats probly why they got all agro but im saying they shouldnt just be allowed to treat people like s###

We hear these threads all the time. You came here for an answer, we simply dont care. More often than not the person who comes ranting and raving usually lets slip "Oh but I did accidently drop the clutch herp a derp" or some rubbish.

You got done for a pod filter, consider yourself lucky and be on your way. Im sure there are a million other things they couldve pinged you for.

In the end your driving around a place that is known for hoons. Its like being in Victoria and getting defected whilst doing Chap Laps.

rob_phill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
if the story is indeed as you have told it, and you did nothing wrong then take a breath and write a factual letter (without all the emotion) describing the event with as much detail as possible and send or drop it off to the relevant police station. You won't get revenge or payback, but at least you've made your voice heard and the responsible officers should at least be expected to explain their side of the story to the senior officer.

I get the impression that any long winded, poorly punctuated letter complaining about a 'mean policeman' will go straight to the chief of police, so that justice can be served and that officer can lose his badge and gun...or it might just go in the bin?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i came on here for an answer isnt that what forums are for? and yeh i figured thats probly why they got all agro but im saying they shouldnt just be allowed to treat people like s###

most police officers (and fully licenced drivers.... #### you all) dislike p platers because 1/4 of us are d*ckheads.. i have been accused of drag racing once, copper was convinced for some reason even though i wasnt speeding and in was driving my mums automatic toyota seca with pink seat covers o_O.

theres plenty of other stories but the best thing to do is cop it on the chin and have a laugh afterwards about the fact that they just wasted there time on you and got them selves worked up over nothing.. unless they get you for something.

i know its unfair but all you can do is blame the idiot p platers that ruin it for the rest of us..

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
It is getting rather long in the tooth hearing these stories.

If your car is visually and decibel modded, you are a target for the police. Pure and simple.

It is most probable they were purposely accusing you to get you to retaliate, then the fine goes from X amount to XX amount + points.

The other probability is you ran a stop sign in-front of Joe Citizen, and they called the cops with your plates to 'teach you a lesson' - but how does one get the cops there quickly? 'Oh he was hooning/racing'.

Cop might have had a bad day. Ultimately though, unless you recorded the conversation, if you wanted to take that to court for not being courteous or professional, it will be your word against 6 cops.

End of the day, pay it. Moving on, get a sleeper or learn to live with victimisation in a society that no longer tolerates the modded community.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
knew this would be a waste of time trying to find out some USEFUL info. ok this is what happened belive me or not, 3 cop cars came up fast beside me and stopped me, cop got out of his car and said "where all your other ######## mates"? and i just said i have no idea what your on about thats when the smart remarks started coming out of his mouth thinking i was lying and tellin a bunch of horse like youse all think im doing... they even wiped down my mud guards and my tired to find ohhhhh no rubber... im just saying they dont have the right to be harrasing me like they were and callin me a no good young hoon who thinks hes unstoppable when all i was doing was driving down the street? obviously they had their suspitions but i just think theyre a little harsh with young drivers thats all and yes i know noones perfect and 99% of young drivers deserve everything they get blah blah but yeh just aske a simple question as to wether theyre allowed to come at me like that when i didnt say anything or do anything?

im not gonna say ive never done a burnout before everyone on here has and if i did do one and got caught yeh thats my own stupid fault i wouldnt have a problem. its just the fact that the bloke i was dealing with tonight was just basically harrasing me for something i didnt do all up in my face standing over me sayin to me aww i know you did it just admit it, yes fair enough if they said we have a report of a black commodore ute with this rego plate doing burnouts down the road (did not do one burnout that night), but he said to me "weve had reports of young kids doing burouts not far from here and i can almost guarantee you were a part of it like your d**khead mates" it just got me so angry that he was accusing me of all this stuff telling me im no good and dont deserve a license and just kept repetitively telling me all this c**p that got me so worked up and he was threatening me for being a "smartass" when all i said was prove it was me?

but yes sorry to everyone i am just kinda venting i guess ha but point is just cause poilce have the power to do what they want doesnt mean they be able to treat you like a piece of crap just cause i drive a commodore with a p-plate on it they just comde down on you like a tonne of bricks

Police have the power to enforce the law. That is their responsibility. The reality is that the officers are still humans, they still have opinions and feelings and exercise the law according to their discretion.

Now I'm not saying your completely wrong, I have seen a couple of nasty cops and I have argued with a cop before when I knew I was right, I cornered him so he realised that he was actually wrong, so he backed off (you can't go barging in and take out their ego, you have to be respectful and polite, because you have to appeal to their reason rather than to shut them down, if you do it so they feel humiliated, they will give you a ticket out of spite). I have been pulled over twice in 4 years in my VS. I don't drive like a ########, I drive sensibly and in a way that won't attract attention...

Do you fit into the stereotype of commodore P platers, sacked suspension, windows down, music blaring, raging anger charged attitude, etc etc etc...if you do, then that's a good reason why you got picked on...

Even though I wasn't there, I highly doubt that you were completely victimised in this case.

My opinion.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Heres my answer to the op.

There is your story and the police officers. No doubt neither are the same.

Pointless thread go buh bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.