Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

c.o.m.e. racing

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Meh.... it's a dud !...You should rip it out right now and give it to me so I can put my L67 top end on it ! :D

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sixshooter said:
Meh.... it's a dud !...You should rip it out right now and give it to me so I can put my L67 top end on it ! :D

rolf! if you give it back after doing that then sure!....gimme two weeks or so, ill have some real figures by then (im getting it dyno tuned with an aftermarket ecu...and using some mickey thompsons on 15's for some traction)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
to get most accurate results from a dyno you really nead to do a before and after run so you can see the difference and keep using the same dyno facility as you keep making more improvements to maintain consistent results, different dyno facilities have shown over a 15rwkw difference for the same vehicle. maybe the dyno facility needs to strap the car down properly to the dyno, i've seen high hp cars using low profile tyres and they don't seem to have traction problems. shame about the attitude from C.O.M.E as the seem to have a good product. gettingthe custom tune is the way to go and i look forward to seeing your 1/4 mile times

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmm... I've heard that same story about COME and the CAPA boys, they're fantastic until you've thrown a few grand at them... oh well, hopefully you get a better figure with teh custom tune... and post up your timeslip when you get one

NetJunkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S S/C
Ummm, just saw this thread. This Sam from COME sounds like a real loser. After sales support can make or break a business, I for one wouldn't go near this guy. I'm sure once his sales take starts to drop he may get the message, too late for me though.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Definately as a result Id be inclined to pay far more and get the job done localy.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It looks like the Bros from C.O.M.E haven't changed there customer service in 20+years.
Back then bought a rebuilt chev off them and had a minor problem and the same, treated me like I was a whinger when all I wanted was to know how to fix or get around the problem. Can't even remember what it was about but i do remember how bad his cutomer service was and I'm glad i didn't have to claim any warranty.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Ive recently been dealing with sam about getting a ttb manifold for my 5ltr stroker. He does seem like a half decent bloke answering many questions about the manifold ect ect. He loves his money though. Offering a braided fuel line kit for $250. What a bloody joke. As there are customers like sircruisealotvs with the same attitude as others after their dealings with sam. Im not too sure if i want that manifold now. Even though it is a bloody good manifold. What do you do?

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
jump in your car and go have a 'chat' with him if you have problems

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Dan 202 - 355 said:
Ive recently been dealing with sam about getting a ttb manifold for my 5ltr stroker. He does seem like a half decent bloke answering many questions about the manifold ect ect. He loves his money though. Offering a braided fuel line kit for $250. What a bloody joke. As there are customers like sircruisealotvs with the same attitude as others after their dealings with sam. Im not too sure if i want that manifold now. Even though it is a bloody good manifold. What do you do?

I'm in the same boat as I wanted to purchase a cam shaft from them. It was going to be half the price because i didn't need rockers and springs as well to run it. I guess I am going to have to think long and hard about it. In relation to your part have you spoken to mace engineering. They do twin throttle manifolds.