Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C-pillar & door trim grab handle torx screw

M

mwb235

Hi all, does anyone know where i could buy this torx screw/bolt? T20 Torx head. Perhaps a pack of 20 or something. I've searched ebay but can't find anything like it.
20190724_150507.jpg

It's off the VF sedan C-pillar interior trims, and the interior door trim grab handles (but likely found in many other places).

I don't feel like buying them from Holden $pare Part$ as their exorbitant prices often leave me unable to sit for a week afterwards :eek:. I'm in the country so i don't have ready access to wreckers that carry VF's either.

Thanks folks :cool:

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Metro Bolts, Swan St, Richmond.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Oh noes,you're in the country! Sorry dude.
Come for the bolts, stay for the expensive beers?

M

mwb235

Oh noes,you're in the country! Sorry dude.
Come for the bolts, stay for the expensive beers?
:D

That's an idea - I'll try my local "bolts and fasteners" type place they may help.

My local wreckers are all nice ppl but they don't get many VF's. One in Albury has had one VF, another in Wodonga hasn't had any yet. Unlike the big cities. It's ok tho, it makes me feel like my VF is still a new model!

I feel a bit dodgy walking into a wreckers full of big burly blokes and asking "Hey guys, I wanna screw please" (ahem) :eek:. Gotta phrase my question right! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Gotta phrase my question right! :D

Just roll in like you have some no nonsense bro's in the back.
And ask about diff gears first. Then the screw.
:)

M

mwb235

I went to my local bolts & fasteners shop today, they have nothing like it. Next time i'm in melben i'll go to one of those "pick-a-part" joints and get a few off a wreck.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just measure the thread, size of the "washer" part, and the length. No need to have a one with a torx head. Alan key head would be just as good in my opinion.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They are torx heads because they are screwed in using a torque screwdriver.

From what I can tell, that’s why they have the captive washer, and the torx head allows for better fit on the equipment and speed up install on the assembly line. It shows them using it in the assembly video.

The manual has torque settings for these. They are used on VE as well.

Torque screw drivers are used on bicycles and it’s handy to have a ¼” Torque wrench (cycle shop) around for torquing stuff under 20 Nm.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi all, does anyone know where i could buy this torx screw/bolt? T20 Torx head. Perhaps a pack of 20 or something. I've searched ebay but can't find anything like it.
View attachment 206064

It's off the VF sedan C-pillar interior trims, and the interior door trim grab handles (but likely found in many other places).

I don't feel like buying them from Holden $pare Part$ as their exorbitant prices often leave me unable to sit for a week afterwards :eek:. I'm in the country so i don't have ready access to wreckers that carry VF's either.

Thanks folks :cool:

Apart from the Stealers, and they will want both Arms and Legs for them,
The Wreckers will be your best option,
How many are you after ?,
How urgent do you need them ?
as I go to the wreckers from time to time, and could pick you up some if you like.
Just have to pay for admittance to the wreckers and postage, and the bolts, thats is they charge for them,
because the last time I went and picked up some small bolts and clips, they said ,"she'll be right mate" and didn't charge.
Are they the bolts that hold the plastic moulding onto the pillar next to the windscreen, and the moulding at the bottom of the door ?
If you interested, your welcome to PM me and will let you know when I am going again.

M

mwb235

Ok thanks for that. I'm driving to Melbs in a few weeks so i'll see how i go then.