Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin Filter

Kaesark

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 sv6
Hi
I went to change the cabin filter on 2017 VF series 2. On inspection I discovered that it has a mesh screen which explains why dust and odour gets into the car. Can the mesh be replaced with a charcoal pollen type filter.
Any help would be appreciated.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
You certainly don't need a charcoal filter out of some perceived necessity. RYCO makes an excellent cabin pollen filter that easily meets the pollen catch needs of asthmatics, including myself.

There is more than once way for dust and odours to enter the car - - windows down is one of the biggest and most obvious, but this is lost on many city drivers who literally fill the car with fumes driving daily. Another way, of numerous, is having a dirty car and the A/C or air set to recirculate.

The factory-fitted mesh screen is discarded once removed.

Last edited:

Kaesark

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 sv6
You certainly don't need a charcoal filter out of some perceived necessity. RYCO makes an excellent cabin pollen filter that easily meets the pollen catch needs of asthmatics, including myself.

There is more than once way for dust and odours to enter the car - - windows down is one of the biggest and most obvious, but this is lost on many city drivers who literally fill the car with fumes driving daily.

The factory-fitted mesh screen is discarded once removed.
Many thanks yes will certainly look at Ryco

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
......There is more than once way for dust and odours to enter the car - - windows down is one of the biggest and most obvious, but this is lost on many city drivers who literally fill the car with fumes driving daily....

Mate, one of the biggest joys of driving a V8 is to have the windows down (especially in the warmer weather) and listen to that glorious V8 sound.

Unfortunately, I've found that my Gen-F2 GTS suffers from horrible wind noise in windy weather (unlike my previous VS Calais, VX GTS, and wife's VS Clubsport). I assume that's the same for all VF models.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mate, one of the biggest joys of driving a V8 is to have the windows down (especially in the warmer weather) and listen to that glorious V8 sound.

Unfortunately, I've found that my Gen-F2 GTS suffers from horrible wind noise in windy weather (unlike my previous VS Calais, VX GTS, and wife's VS Clubsport). I assume that's the same for all VF models.
A set of those slimline windshields might do the trick.

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Many thanks yes will certainly look at Ryco
Can I suggest trying a brand called cabin air filters.
I moved over to these after trying a ryco one. Yes they are double the price but the are much more rigid and fit much more snug and air tight around the inside of the box. Plus they have a decent layer of carbon as well If thats a feature you are looking for.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I used a Wesfil cabin filter and was identical to the Ryco one it was replacing. Makes me wonder if wesfil manufacture the ryco ones for them. wesfil was a lot cheaper than anyone one else.