Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin filter

Tyxxxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF
Does anyone have any idea where the cabin filter is before I pull my glovebox apart? Is it in the engine bay or glove box? Thanks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Surely it's the same as for ve. Access is under the bonnet. Lift up the plastic mesh below the windscreen near the passenger side bonnet hinge and reach in there like you are delivering a calf..!

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Surely it's the same as for ve. Access is under the bonnet. Lift up the plastic mesh below the windscreen near the passenger side bonnet hinge and reach in there like you are delivering a calf..!
Correct!!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The cabin filter is located within the engine bay in both VE and VF. It’s up against the firewall… but accessing the VF cabin filter is marginally different to that in the VE.

The plenum rubber seal needs to be pulled a little towards the fender little to release it from the plastic hooks that hold the rubber. Otherwise it’s similar as listed below where any other differences will be obvious (they say it’s a VF but not it’s not like my VF2)…

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/vf-commodore/vf-changing-cabin-pollen-filter/

Hopefully once you remove the scrivets you’ll be able to reach in and pull the old screen filter or cabin filter out without too much drama and push in the new one. Just make sure to get the airflow direction correct and that the filter is sealing all the way around its periphery.

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The cabin filter is located within the engine bay in both VE and VF. It’s up against the firewall… but accessing the VF cabin filter is marginally different to that in the VE.

The plenum rubber seal needs to be pulled a little towards the fender little to release it from the plastic hooks that hold the rubber. Otherwise it’s similar as listed below where any other differences will be obvious (they say it’s a VF but not it’s not like my VF2)…

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/vf-commodore/vf-changing-cabin-pollen-filter/

Hopefully once you remove the scrivets you’ll be able to reach in and pull the old screen filter or cabin filter out without too much drama and push in the new one. Just make sure to get the airflow direction correct and that the filter is sealing all the way around its periphery.
It's definitely a VE in the pics. VF is the same basic procedure.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
VE and VF are located in the same place.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Having replaced the cabin filter in a VF series 1 and 2, it is a similar procedure but much more difficult in the Series 2. Note the series 2 was a V8 and I am not sure if this makes any difference and do not buy the standard holden filter as it is rubbish. This is a good thread on this forum about an Australian made carbon filter that is very good but sorry I cannot remember the product name. The Ryko filter is good but the other filter is better.