Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*Cadence 600 Watt Sub & Amp Combo* What Do You Think???????

SCANDZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Hi everyone,

What do you guys think about this package?
For 268 bucks I can get a Cadence 600 Watt Sub and a 600 Watt Amp.
What do you guys think for a first sound system?

Link to the sound system ----- Cadence 600 Watt Sub & Amp Combo - Subwoofers - JB Hi-Fi

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

SCANDZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Looks like this amp, Xa300 - 1 Linear AB Mono Block - XENITH SERIES - Cadence Acoustics, LTD (yes I believe Aus gets the orange case), and this sub XENITH SERIES 12" SVC SUBWOOFER . All-in-all not a bad price for what you get. Of course than you need an amp wiring kit and a high-low converter if your running stock H/U.

Hey man. yeah it looks okay for the price. I am not running a stock head unit, im running a JVC one (dont know the model number off by heart)
just wondering how much does the amp wiring kit cost? and please link me
cheers

and do you think this package will last and not blow up???lol

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I think the box looks sweet! But may have a cheapish appearance in person, couldn't say...

For the price it's fine. I mean at that price range, your not going to find one active sub combo that just blows the other's away, dosen't work like that.

Will it last? Well, it has a warranty yes?
Will it blow up? Anything can blow up, it depends on how you treat it, and ofcourse, how you tune it.

If at all possible, listen to it in your car (hard i know) and see if it meets your expectations....

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Installed this exact combo about a week ago in a Lancer sedan......build quality is great (removed the sub to look inside the box too) and the sound is actually not to bad at all. IMO it'd be hard to get the looks / output using another brand.

For a first sub / amp combo its perfectly fine, definitely much better quality than the usual crap anyway.

As far as the amp wiring kit goes, you dont need to worry too much.....but as youre going to buy from JB:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-...dioline-kit-al001-amplifier-wiring-kit/435728

The only problem i came across was the sub is single voice coil 4 ohm, the amp is a monoblock stable to 2 ohm. So the amp is only producing around 150wrms, whereas if they paired it with a 4 ohm dual voice coil sub it would have suited the amp much better.

SCANDZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
thanks alot this has helped
should be good.
:)
appriciate ur help

SCANDZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
it should be good. i think my mate may be getting this one too so ill see what its like. should be good tho
thanks for ur help

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mate my first system had a 160wrms amp powering some shitty Kenwood basic sub and I thought it was the best thing in the world. This seems like a very good deal and I believe you would be happy with it.

I run all Cadence amp and am yet to fault them.

SCANDZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
thanks guys
youve been alot of help
just wondering what wires connect to each other (eg. sub, amp, headunit, speakers)
which connects to which?
thanks
and also how much would it cost to get professional fitted from JBhifi seeing im buying all the gear from them.
thanks once again :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
RCAs go from H/U to amp. Remote On cable goes from H/U to amp. Power goes from battery to fuse to amp. Ground goes from amp to closest and best ground. Speaker wire goes from amp to subs.