Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cadence amp fried

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Not happy, now i have to take it back to JB Hi Fi, where ill be told because they didn't install it im not covered despite being sure its not meant to, you know, start smoking when not even under stress....

Not happy at all.

Basically had 4 speakers running through the amp, smelt a plastic burning smell one day and blammo, 1 fried amp.

This is the 2nd thing that JB have "recommended" me, and its gone to sh*t (the first being a sony wiring kit, upgraded to stinger and shock horror no problems...)

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
You probably had the gain set too high, if thats the case then I'm afraid JB are right. However, I think you should get a second opinion from a repair shop or something.. could well be a defect with the product itself. If the repair place does find a fault with the amp get them to put in in writing and throw it back at JB.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
JB shouldn't be telling you if it's warranty or not. They should just send it back to the distributor to be assessed. If you have a receipt and it's within 12 months old, they should send it back as a warranty repair. Don't mention anything about who installed it.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have taken a amp back to JB that wasn't installed by them. Just took the receipt said it was professionally installed (which it was) and they said fine they'll send it away to the distributor or whoever. Zylux do Cadence gear so they will check it out.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep ive installed amps from JB and Strathfield that were either DOA or smoked after a few weeks.....after a quick chat with the salesperson over the phone they replaced the amp there and then ;)

Just do what StoneX said.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
They should send it back like stonex said, and if its there stuff up they repair or replace it, if its your stuff up they charge you for whatever they do..

Probably just a faulty one, you get a shitty one everyone in a while but if it happens again i would assume you installed or tuned it wrong...

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Sent it back, they have sent it to be checked and repaired, this is the first amp ive had sh*t itself, my old alpine one and the Jaycar one powering the sub are all well and good.