Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cadillac Manifold - fit / any different?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Having done a few mods to my Alloytec 190, I'm getting interested in manifolds.

I know there's :

(a) the stock 190 manifold
(b) the CPR6 performance manifold
(c) the Octane Alley performance manifold

But what about the American manifolds for the LY7?

Would they fit?
Would they be any different?

Like this one for example:
Cadillac Intake Manifold Plenum 3 6 2 8 2004 2007 cts SRX | eBay

Has anyone tried fitting one of these?

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
I am no holden mechanic but it Looks like a standard manifold. If ur after ponies and some better economy (slightly) get it flash tuned. Some say its not worth it some say it is. I got a otr and tune for about $1200 from memory in Penrith oztrack i think. Mine is the 5.7 ltr don't know if he does v6 or not. Worth a try. After sales is good too. I also had a exhaust system put in to make the most of it.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
I was hoping that the manifold might have some different characteristics; it does look like the normal Holden one - mostly.
They're certainly affordable compared to performance manifolds, even with postage.

I wish someone knew....

I already have a CAI, and manifold insulator and some other minor mods; a tune is next, and logically, the last thing you would want to do.

But if one of those US manifolds had a bit more volume or even better tooling, I'd do it before the tune.

Anyone know? Anyone at all?

I am no holden mechanic but it Looks like a standard manifold. If ur after ponies and some better economy (slightly) get it flash tuned. Some say its not worth it some say it is. I got a otr and tune for about $1200 from memory in Penrith oztrack i think. Mine is the 5.7 ltr don't know if he does v6 or not. Worth a try. After sales is good too. I also had a exhaust system put in to make the most of it.

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
I was hoping that the manifold might have some different characteristics; it does look like the normal Holden one - mostly.
They're certainly affordable compared to performance manifolds, even with postage.

I wish someone knew....

I already have a CAI, and manifold insulator and some other minor mods; a tune is next, and logically, the last thing you would want to do.

But if one of those US manifolds had a bit more volume or even better tooling, I'd do it before the tune.

I wonder if the flow rates of the standard Manifold will be enough for the modest gains that your are after.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between, the flow rates of cpr6 and standard.

Would you consider having the heads ported and

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra

I wish someone knew....

I wonder if the flow rates of the standard Manifold will be enough for the modest gains that your are after.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between, the flow rates of cpr6 and standard.

Would you consider having the heads ported and polished?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Having done a few mods to my Alloytec 190, I'm getting interested in manifolds.

I know there's :

(a) the stock 190 manifold
(b) the CPR6 performance manifold
(c) the Octane Alley performance manifold

But what about the American manifolds for the LY7?

Would they fit?
Would they be any different?

Like this one for example:
Cadillac Intake Manifold Plenum 3 6 2 8 2004 2007 cts SRX | eBay

Has anyone tried fitting one of these?

Personally , I think you would be better sticking to a manifold that has been specifically made for your vehicle type , the 3.6 in the Cadillac would possibly have subtle differences to the 3.6 in the Holden , even though the engine was a joint Cadillac / Holden design .

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Since no-one here seems to know anything, I'm tempted to risk a hundred bucks and get one to look at.