Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI question...

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
i searched and found bits and pieces but no thread related to this, i'm interested in changing all the plastic or whatever its made of piping into heat resistant metal connected to an pod filter which will sit in the box, my question is does anyone know in the area of Melbourne pref around box hill, or doncaster (will go anywhere if I have to) where i can get custom metal pipes built because the ones at autobahn don't fit, thanks in advance

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
thanks for the fast reply, that idea looks better then my idea.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
The main reason to use metal over plastic is not to do with heat. Its basically done to use a smooth pipe instead of the corrugated factory plastic. Heat transfer from the piping to the air is minimal as the air is moving fast i.e its in the pipe for less than a second. its not really beneficial on a stock engine more so on worked or forced induction motors

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The conclusion of that thread with the pod inside the airbox was it wasn't any better than a panel filter, more work and money involved too.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They shound cool maaaate......not.