Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI set up from ebay

Ms Stato

And?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato 5.0L
Hey all.

Had a look at a CAI set up from ebay... the guy has really good feedback (100%) Just wondering if any of you now if it is a good product.

He says it a Genuine holden part.

I'll be putting it on my Vq stato V8... will many mods have to be done or will it slot straight on... can we do it ourselves?

Anything i should know about good or bad before i go ahead and buy one :confused:

Cheers :drink:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
have a search on the forum, theres a million and one threads on CAI's, theres a HOWTO somewhere, but theyre relatively simple to put on, just a matter of cutting a bigger hole in bottom of airbox and then bolting it on. what price are they asking for it?

Ms Stato

And?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato 5.0L
I did a search on here and couldnt find anything relating to the ebay one!!! I know there are a tonnes of threads about CAI.

The current price is: $48.50 with 10 hrs to go
Also one for $55 with 5 days to go.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, there wont necessarily be a post about the ebay one, most CAI's that people get are the genuine ones, but have a look at some of the threads, there should be a few that say how to fit it. mines a V6, so i dont know how different they are to fit. thats a good price, most get them for around $60-70.

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
My VN SS has an ebay purchased CAI fitted to it. They are really easy to fit, with the hardest part being the enlargement of the hole to fit the tube into. A Hacksaw blade should do the trick quite nicely. I used a rotary tool on mine, kind of like a Dremel.

Mine was fitted and back on in about 10 minutes.

engine.jpg

stumps5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I have a series two vq statesman and i liek u intend to purchased my cai from ebay. First of all i heard it is alot cheaper to get it from holden directly. And secondly some modification is required to get it into a vq due to the shape of the bonnet and the hood lining. When you purchase the cai from ebay he will send u fitting instructions. He will say cut the edges of the cai to fit under the bonnet. I did this and it looks crap. Do not do this, use a hair dryer or a heat gun to melt the edges down it looks much neater. By the way i paid about 36 for mine and i belive it is cheaper from holden.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Become friends with your local Holden spare parts man/woman?: ) there is still plenty of good stuff in stock for cheap