Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI working with a pod??

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
hey all,

ive had an idea, basicly i luv my pod filter but its obious its not gettin much cool air and would get hot air from the engine bay.

i got a new grille which looks like it would allow air to flow well over the top wher a cai would normally sit.

question is:
can i sumhow mod the cai piping to feed straight into pod ? would this be a good benifit or not?
is the cai and panel a better setup?

thanks

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Feeding a pipe into a airbox would be a better setup. I would suggest to cover the engine side of your pod with aluminum, so it doesnt suck hot air in.

timmyscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN wagon manual 3.8, 86 VK sedan 3.3
hey mate, ive got a CAI with a pod.. have a look at the pic..it actually works a treat, i have notice no temp difference from when i had the air box. at first i bought the CAI for the box until i blew it into a thousand pieces from LPG. now i got the pod. my intensions were to build a heat shield around the pod and feed air through the CAI but ive never got around to doing it. works fine how it is.
timbo

Attachments

• pod.JPG
    pod.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 182

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
thanks for the pic mate.. my pod has a inverted bit in the middle.. i wana run a pipe directly into that so its like forcing the air in rather than sucking it..
btw mine is a K & N chrome pod

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
I've been toying with the idea, maybe leaving the bottom half of the air box on the CAI to help feed cold air into the pod area, I also run other ducts into the bottom of the air box which helps. I'm currently running a K&N panel but yeah... I feel like a change, plus I like the sound of the pods.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
It takes nothing to throw together a box out of a crappy piece of sheet metal, the pod can sit in that...pipe the CAI into the box, and away you go.

It's a bit more stuffing around than a panel filter with the CAI, but in my opinion it's well worth it. Did it to a mates car and it makes a nice difference.