Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cai

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
thought so. I didnt even relise till i just looked at mums and noticed it was diff. I just called commonwealth motors and they have C/S CAI for under $60 so i will go grab one tomorrow. hope they are not too hard to fit. i dont need that nose to fit the CAI do i?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Nope the hole that the original nose plugs into has to be cut around the corner a bit to plug the much larger VS bit into anyways (go slow and carefull so you don't cut it too big) and when you are done wack some silicon or something around it, the more sealed up it is, the better. Depending on your car you might also have to hit the inlet section with a heat gun and then close the bonnet on it to mould it to the shape on the VN bonnet in a couple of places too or you can lower the radiator down slightly (they are all a bit different so you wont know till you try)

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds easy enough. Thanks greenfoam!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got my my new CAI from commonwealth motors. It was about $60 but i got it for 50 cash soi thought that was an alright deal. I will have to wait till saturday to fit it. Whats the best thing to use to cut the airbox into the right shape???

I hope i got the right CAI. i asked for a VS S/C CAI and they gave me this one. Does it look right?

Attachments

• CAI.JPG
    CAI.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 86

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
yes that is the right one.
i used a hacksaw blade its piss easy to do 30mins is all it took me:thumbsup:
and $50 is alrite i got mine for $55