Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cai

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
hey just want ur opinion which is more worth it the VS CAI or the SSinductions 1? with the SS Inductions one it says "The standard restrictive system draws air from behind the headlight, delivering engine heat and disruptive flow.
SS Inductions’ Big Mouth™ system channels air from the front of the moving car and rams it through the chunky induction directly to the larger intake connected to the standard airbox. The opening in the lower airbox must be enlarged as part of the fitting process.
Expect up to 8kW increase at the rear wheels, smoother performance, more responsive throttle and a considerable fuel saving.
The two-part kit consists of plastic induction unit with double mouth opening and plastic connecting intake. RRP $299.00."

But with $100 difference or more wanted 2 know some opinions

Attachments

• vnvsv6.jpg
    vnvsv6.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 166

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
S/C CAI all the way man. Stuff paying $300 for the same thing as the $55 version. Personally I would think that the S/C would do just as good if not beter then the SS ones. All you need to do if modify the CAI a bit and you all set man. Check out my thread and see my CAI setup.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=41025

:whistling

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Where do i get the VS S/C CAI? Im thinking about getting one. Is it defenly going to fit?? because i dont want to buy it if its not going to fit. There is a new commonwealth motors opened up where i live. would i be able to walk in there and ask for a S/C CAI for $60?? cheers

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I 100% gaurentee it will fit. You can go to any Holden dealer, go to the Parts area and ask to buy a S/C VS CAI should come with the CAI scoop thingy, the attachment pipe from the scoop to the stock airbox (that you WILL have to cut a bit to make it clip into) and 3 plastic screws to hold the CAI down. All up cost me $58 from Holden, you won't find any cheeper.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Rember there is a V8 CAI and a V6 CAI. V8 can fit on the v6 but the v6 cant fit on the v8. the v8 has a bigger fan shroud. I had a V8 CAI on my vn 6. There is a big appearence differnece between the 2 versions also.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey i was just looking at my mums series2 VN and her are box has another piece attached that mine doesnt have (i have a series1). Is mine meant to have one or is it just sorta like a cai??

Attachments

• My airbox.JPG
    My airbox.JPG
    704.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Mums airbox.JPG
    Mums airbox.JPG
    668.9 KB · Views: 143

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
coolvncommodore said:
Hey i was just looking at my mums series2 VN and her are box has another piece attached that mine doesnt have (i have a series1). Is mine meant to have one or is it just sorta like a cai??

Yep the nose on your airbox has gone missing, it's supposed to be the same as your mums car