Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais 6ltr fuel

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
As for Perth, VS 5.0, looks like the petrol prices are lower than Sydney in general

Perth does have a weekly fuel cycle though.

Tuesday most expensive day, gradually dropping through the week with Monday being the cheapest day.

Just checked Fuel Watch this morning. I paid 146.9 for 95 yesterday morning, same servo this morning is charging 184.9 :eek:

On the news last night they were trying to justify these massive hikes on the drone bombings in Saudi Arabia. Any excuse to rip the motoring public.

I also use 95. I've tried 98 in my flex fuel VE but it doesn't like cold starts on it. There is a theory the 98 contains ethanol to raise the octane rating which confuses the flex fuel sensor.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

Tuesday most expensive day, gradually dropping through the week with Monday being the cheapest day.

Just checked Fuel Watch this morning. I paid 146.9 for 95 yesterday morning, same servo this morning is charging 184.9 :eek:

On the news last night they were trying to justify these massive hikes on the drone bombings in Saudi Arabia. Any excuse to rip the motoring public.

I also use 95. I've tried 98 in my flex fuel VE but it doesn't like cold starts on it. There is a theory the 98 contains ethanol to raise the octane rating which confuses the flex fuel sensor.
Yep - I remember the cycle. At least you could look at tomorrow's prices. You can't in the NSW version of the app.
Looks like there are still some lower prices atm, according to Fuelwatch, but may need to drive some distance out of your way to get them.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Fuel check app in NSW shows fuel prices nearby to the only E85 bowser I know of at the Northern Beaches, which is at Dee Why:
E91 147.7/l
E10 145.7/l
vs E85 139.9/l

Not enough difference to make up for the increased usage. And no better power unless specific tune for it.
Would have to do heavy engine mods, same as Monstar/Pirate.
BTW - does Myaree United in Perth still sell 100 Octane fuel? I think they stopped in the last couple of years.
The key is to mix it with 91.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

I don't think that theory holds up. I've had any number of ratios of e85 to petrol in mine and its never got confused
As I mentioned above, I find adding about 1/3 e85 to 2/3 91 or 95 petrol is a good mix of price and performance benefit.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ethanol only needs 30-40% mix to get most of the benefits, the more % then that just aids cooling if ur boosted ect