Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

calais cluster in a exec?

jezzaaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hi my mate has an vs exec and has put a vs calais speedo in instead. it all works fine except the three windows at the bottom dont work (oviously) because there needs to be another plug that goes into the cluster. has anyone ever connected this or any ideas of making these windows work?

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
theres a billion and one threads on this .. do a search for it mate

you'll need a calais wiring loom to make it work.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
s0sage said:
theres a billion and one threads on this .. do a search for it mate

you'll need a calais wiring loom to make it work.

Oh yes.All of'em telling us that it "WORKS" if you know how to do it.But "NO BODY" tells you how to actually do it.It is very complicated when "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO".It is easy for some to say connect this to that but when it comes to crunch every body is tight lipped.I've spend few $$$ to buy the parts and end up giving them back because i just couldnt get any help.Oh yes couple of people "HAVE ASKED" for donation's.Anyway,dont wanna start a flaming bbq.So my friend dont hold your breath.You wont get any REAL help here..I dare you to prove me wrong.I'll be very happy.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Need wiring patch harness and trip computer buttons.

Hi,

You will need the trip computer buttons (anywhere from $20 to just over $40), and a patch harness to get connect the fourth connector on the cluster and the trip computer buttons.

The trip computer buttons are generally simple to get hold of. The patch harness is usually the difficult bit.

First option is to source a wiring loom from a VR/VS Berlina, Calais or Statesman at a wreckers. Then a patch harness will need to be made by modifying this loom.

However, sourcing this item from a wreckers can prove difficult. I have a part number somewhere for a HSV harness that can be used to make the patch harness. RRP is about $100 for this item.

I have done the mod, and been very happy with it.

If you want to go further, PM me and I will provide more information.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
VT_Acclm said:
Oh yes.All of'em telling us that it "WORKS" if you know how to do it.But "NO BODY" tells you how to actually do it.It is very complicated when "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO".It is easy for some to say connect this to that but when it comes to crunch every body is tight lipped.I've spend few $$$ to buy the parts and end up giving them back because i just couldnt get any help.Oh yes couple of people "HAVE ASKED" for donation's.Anyway,dont wanna start a flaming bbq.So my friend dont hold your breath.You wont get any REAL help here..I dare you to prove me wrong.I'll be very happy.

you could very easily read the sticky at the top of the VN-VP section. might not be exact but it will give you an idea