Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais dvd security code???

Jo anne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
Hi guys im new here i need advice i just bought a 2009 calais n the DVD player says security error i pulled the fuse in the boot didnt work and the one in the front passanger side also didnt help any advice plz i just spent 150 on it and the man took my money said it was fixed i told him its not n he said to pay an auto elect plz any help would be great!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it's original radio from car look in car owner manual for code otherwise trip to holden & pay for code.

If radio came out of another car need vin off car it's from & same as above trip to holden

Iirc you get goes then it shuts down for an hour or disconnect battery,wait a bit try again.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Do radio channels work & clock etc work ok?

security code is to get radio operational when it's been removed or battery disconnected.

if something else is issue will come up as error code or not work at all

vagely remember you can use 1111 to put in test mode

Guessing it all works as one synced together unless aftermarket items

*could also google if it's common issue or get lucky with how to fix it youtube clip

Jo anne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
Everything on the radio works great just the rear roof mounted dvd displays security error im lost lol

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Got me stumped.

Bound to be somebody that's had same issue & found a fix.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As a general comment, lots of stuff on modern cars are VIN locked within many a component firmware... it’s sort of an anti-theft measure, sort of a vendor lock-in measure... That’s true for ECU, PCM, BCM and more... So it may be that the DVD player needs your VIN inserted into the DVD player firmware otherwise a security error is shown...

Is the guy that took your $150 an business? If so, and if he said he’d fix the problem, then as he failed to deliver a fix he should provide you a full refund. As he doesn’t want to provide a refund and is fobbing you off, ring CAV and have a chat to them about your options.

Since you posted on another thread which discussed pulling specific fuses, why not try “ASL automotive 9799 1444” as was suggested to others within that thread? Or is that the guy that took your money?

You could also try talking to ”No Limits Electronics" in Melbourne (from this post) as they used to fiddle with 2009 Calais DVD players way back when... no idea if they still exist.

Then there is Envious Customes which seems to know lots and does great electronic mod work on our commodores :)

Good luck with it.

Jo anne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
As a general comment, lots of stuff on modern cars are VIN locked within many a component firmware... it’s sort of an anti-theft measure, sort of a vendor lock-in measure... That’s true for ECU, PCM, BCM and more... So it may be that the DVD player needs your VIN inserted into the DVD player firmware otherwise a security error is shown...

Is the guy that took your $150 an business? If so, and if he said he’d fix the problem, then as he failed to deliver a fix he should provide you a full refund. As he doesn’t want to provide a refund and is fobbing you off, ring CAV and have a chat to them about your options.

Since you posted on another thread which discussed pulling specific fuses, why not try “ASL automotive 9799 1444” as was suggested to others within that thread? Or is that the guy that took your money?

You could also try talking to ”No Limits Electronics" in Melbourne (from this post) as they used to fiddle with 2009 Calais DVD players way back when... no idea if they still exist.

Then there is Envious Customes which seems to know lots and does great electronic mod work on our commodores :)

Good luck with it.
The man is a business and yes fobbing me off 100% ill try what u have suggested ill also get the vin for the dvd and hopefully it helps i read the book and suggest i go to holden i spoke to them this morning and its a pricey fix well im hoping they can