Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais to Executive Seat Question!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
In 3 weeks I will be picking up a set of front + rear cream leather seats (from a vx calais). I've been reading through some old forums and am I right in saying that the front seats aren't just 'plug & play'? Where is a good place to go to get the seats installed properly and how much would it cost roughly?

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
driver's side will pnp,if not strip plug and rewire +/-,2 wires,that's it
for passenger seat you can split driver's side wires,

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
easy as to do mate, my misses who hates cars has no clue about them did it, run a wire from the black on the seat to a ground, then run a wire from the passenger side red to the drivers side red boom all works

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Only the driver's seat has memory. It is going to be a lot more involved if you want to get the side air bags working, is that the plan or are you going to leave them unplugged?

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Nah don't want the side airbags, basically just want the seats to be legal and function like my current ones.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
you said vx calais seats?they dont have memory,wh caprice,vy calais onwards have memory seats
if the seats have memory function,it's a LOT more complicated ,you need to remove memory module,bypass all the wires ,rewire them directly to the controllers.took me 3 nights to figure out the wiring,no similar thread posted in the past.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Yeah apparently they're from a VX Calais, are you sure about that 028? I thought all Calais did?
So without memory it should pretty much be plug and play?

M

mwb235

Yeah apparently they're from a VX Calais, are you sure about that 028? I thought all Calais did?
So without memory it should pretty much be plug and play?

Driver's seat memory fuction was only on WH/WK/WL Caprice, VY series 2/VZ Calais (not VY series 1), and later V2/VZ Monaros. Definitely were not available on the VX Calais (unless someone's added them on later). Do your seats have four small round buttons (M,3,2,1) and a small green LED, above the power seat switches? Can you post us some pics?

If there's no memory function then yes it's just plug'n'play using your Exec drivers seat's existing two wires (one ground, the other +12V like others have said above).

you said vx calais seats?they dont have memory,wh caprice,vy calais onwards have memory seats
if the seats have memory function,it's a LOT more complicated ,you need to remove memory module,bypass all the wires ,rewire them directly to the controllers.took me 3 nights to figure out the wiring,no similar thread posted in the past.

I agree 028, i added the memory fuction to my VT's seats and it was a PITA so i know where you're coming from. But i suppose it depends how determined you are and how much spare time you have. I was patient and got mine working (also with the memory/heated mirrors) but i would expect most people couldn't be bothered.