Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais front seats...

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Thanks guys
So I went into my local Holden dealership today...

I mentioned that since it was a known issue it should of been sorted under warranty at some point in the past.

The kid at the front desk wouldn’t have a bar of it lol. I’ve never relied on receiving good will from dealers, they didn’t do much to change my opinion today

result: the kid basically told me he will need one of the technicians to “diagnose” which he then casually mentioned that it comes with a $160 charge...

I told him that the clips just need to be replaced with metal clips and that this is a known issue, he disagreed and that was that.

so I’m booked in for next week to get a “diagnosis” then they will decide if it can be fixed on the spot or they have to order parts. I don’t mind paying the ridiculous diagnosis fee so long I can get this issue sorted.

does anyone have a part number these metal clips?

I’m a ford man, this is my first Holden - I must say, disappointed with the quality of the leather... just feels tacky and cheap.

Do you mind me asking an approximation of which dealer in Sydney (I assume due to your profile) this is? Another one to avoid with that type of attitude. There's one in South West Sydney, that has a Hyundai attached to it, which gave me that same type of stonewalling even with my car under warranty for an unrelated issue. Needless to say they haven't seen my service business since.