Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais Horn

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Is the VE Calais horn a single or double type. Sounds like single but I can't find any specs. Sounds gay compared to my VZ. Car going into shop for it's first service soon and thought I would mention poor quality of the horn but sadly I suspect it is just another cost cut by GMH.

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Just had a look at mine...single horn. I've heard worse so yours might be acting up, mention it at service.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Double horn. take off the front bumper and have a look, one on either side at the corners. You could just buy some beefier horns and replace them?

Each horn has a different tone. Passenger side is a high tone, drivers is a low tone. You can always just unplug the high-tone horn and it sounds a bit better, little quieter though..

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Btw mine is an omega, i was playin with the two horns to see which sounds best, ended up leaving them both connected. - This is why I assume Calais wouldn't just have one horn...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That's one thing that has bugged me about Commodores since day one - the basic horn was always tinny and sounded cheap. It sounds like it's saying " Hi girls, I'm here..." I had a Mark V Golf before this car and the horns on that sounded like "wake up sh1thead, and get out of the way!"

I hope this makes sense. The standard single commy horn is poofy.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
i dont get it?!?! my VE sounds lik a truck!

Can anyone else back me up. i know for a fact mine has dual horns working at the same time because i tested each one separatly by pulling out the plugs. sounds beefy :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i dont get it?!?! my VE sounds lik a truck!

Can anyone else back me up. i know for a fact mine has dual horns working at the same time because i tested each one separatly by pulling out the plugs. sounds beefy :D

Dave

That's interesting, because the OP was concerned about the weak horn in his car, and the other day, I heard an Omega blow the horn and thought that it still sounded like the earlier models - weak and tinny.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
the horn/s on the SS is not too loud, but it sounds ok.... and that is from the inside too... all sounds different from there.
You want to hear a gay sounding horn? you should hear the one on my Vulcan :embarrass:supersad: I love the bike.... but the horn is embarrassing!!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
My VY SS had a beefier and louder horn than my VE. VE isn't bad, but could be better. Everyone really used to get out of the way in the VY :)

I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure my VE SSV has two horns, since I can hear the two different sounds. I may look at upgrading to meaner horns one day...:dance:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Just get air horns, mate:thumbsup: