Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais locks to Executive

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hey guys, I've decided to put power windows in my VN. I've got all the wiring and the complete doors. I just wanted to know if its possible to install the factory central locking motors from the calais to the doors in my car.
I've already got aftermarket motors installed, connected to the alarm. I'm just after the deadlock feature.
The problem I can see is that the standard central locking module has a (Brown?) wire that goes to the alarm control box. I think it's just a trigger wire, but if I need the Alarm module as well i'm screwed.

So, is the deadlock feature controlled by the locking module or by the alarm?
If its too much work to do, just for the deadlock feature then I can't be stuffed.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Is your current central locking and alarm separate? If so, you can completely remove your aftermarket system, swap it over with the new genuine one, and also get your hands onto a VN/VP central locking module. It connects to the wiring loom just behind the glovebox. Then you can connect this module to your alarm.

If its all one system (eg your central locking / alarm) are in the one box, then you might/might not be able to do it.

As for connecting the factory actuators to the aftermarket module, I don't know!
I've just about got to replace all my motors as im doing a power window upgrade myself and i broke some of my actuators, and i was actually considering replacing my aftermarket locks with factory ones...

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thanks for the reply mate, I think I'm going to just install the aftermarket motors to the factory locks (replace the factory motors) Then just run it all the same way as it was. Alarm controls the motors, not a seperate unit.
Anyway, took the dash out today, and saw the factory central locking loom you where talking about. It's actually a part of the power window loom, not the original one.