Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais popup motor wiring

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
I have taken the pop up eye lids out of a Calais wreck i have and i have taken the wires for the motor out of the loom and patched them onto my loom but its not working properly, when i turn of the headlights i can hear the relay activating but nothing happens, if i turn the manual knob attached to the motor (see first picture) clockwise a few turns it will then activate and to a full cycle up and down of the eye lids, but that will only work if i have the headlights switched off, if they are on i can turn the manual knob as much as i wont without activating anything.

manual knob
P9090079%20(Large).JPG

wiring towards the motor side
P9090080%20(Large).JPG

the white wire of the loom is patched onto this wire (same as the calais loom)
P9090081%20(Large).JPG

black wire on the loom connected to the same earth wire as on the calais, not the same locatiopn but the same wire, nothign in between.
P9090082%20(Large).JPG

Any help would be appreciated about how to wire it up, or any ideas i could try.

Tomorrow i will try and put an xf throttle body onto my rb30e motor and ill take photoes and ill try and write up a how to on it

Thanks Stewart

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
Probably a wrong connection somewhere.

i also wouldn't bother with the XF throttle body. you'll chew heaps more fuel. there are better ways to get more power and acceleration. IMO

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
why do you think it would use more fuel?

yeah but the connection is the same as it was on the calais, and i assume it worked when they were on that car. anyone got a diagram or anythgin along the lines of that?

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Stewart1000 said:
why do you think it would use more fuel?

yeah but the connection is the same as it was on the calais, and i assume it worked when they were on that car. anyone got a diagram or anythgin along the lines of that?

more air = more fuel

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
tdoyle88 said:
more air = more fuel

True, to a point, but remember, more air and more fuel = less throttle usage. When I put the CAI on my VP I use approximately 15% less fuel than without it, but if I gun it she chews petrol.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
yeah more air more fuel, but i only need to put m foot down 20% instead of 30% to let the same amount of air through so its not letting any extra air unless you have the throttle nearly fully open.

The throttle body was tedious to install, mainly getting the bolt holes to line up.