Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V 60th Anniversary MY09 V6

somchai2500

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V 60th Anniversary MY8.5 V6
After some 15 years in a falcon..

My new car. I have not seen another. Nitrate 60th V.Colour code 636R Switchblade / Nitrate
Built 1 June 08.

We are trying to find out how many of this colour combo were produced.

On Michelins.

Brake Assist, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Electronic Stability Program, Traction Control System
Driver: Cruise Control, Leather Steering Wheel,Leather Wrap Sport Shift selector.Multi Function Steering Wheel, Mobile Phone, Parking Distance Control, Power Steering, Trip Computer
CD with 6 CD Stacker,Aux in, Digital Video Disc Player, Radio CD with 9 Speakers
Auto Climate Cont with Dual Temp Zones, Power front seats, Power Sunroof
Dual Airbag Package, Anti-lock Braking, Head Airbags, Seat belt Pre-tensioner, Side Front Air Bags
Alarm System/Remote Anti Theft, Central Locking Remote Control, Engine Immobiliser

In addition to the standard VE Calais V features, the VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Special Edition includes:
19-inch HSVi SuperSport Alloy wheels (four)
Onyx / Light Urban interior trim combination code 51i
Electric sunroof (loss of sunglass holder)
Alloy faced pedals
Chrome surround exterior door handles
Silver highlights on leather steering wheel spokes
‘60th anniversary’ floor mats
‘60th anniversary’ rear badge
Mudflaps
Towbar

Available in three metallic colours including Karma (teal), Evoke (dark grey) and Phantom (black) the VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Special Edition.

No SAT Nav.

Attachments

• Calais V 60th Anniv MY09-1.jpg
    Calais V 60th Anniv MY09-1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Calais V 60th Anniv MY09.jpg
    Calais V 60th Anniv MY09.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,889

somchai2500

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V 60th Anniversary MY8.5 V6
Hi all.

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for information on this car.
Would like to contact Holden to find out how many built in Nickel.

thanks

Calais V 60th

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 60th Anniversary
Hey there somchai2500 nice car. I too have a Calais V 60th Anniversary, but in Karma colour and with the 6.0L v8. Just with your list of things that come on the car I believe the tow bar and mud flaps are an option as they are not fitted to mine and the fifth full size spare also came in some as an option . They did make a few in silver even though the initial add for them doesn't quote that colour. I have seen a silver one like yours near my area and one that had a v8 when I was buying mine in melbourne the end of last year. If you find out some details on build numbers of these keep me posted as I've been wondering about the same thing. I believe they were built on an as ordered basis. Cheers

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I to have a 60th ,but a SSV , they made 500 of them in three different colours, Black , Green and Silver, no towbar or mudflaps, and not a mag spare, the car came from the factory and it had a spacesaver spare , so be it, but I was not able to get a mag spare, also no Sat nav , there where limited with a few wagons as well I have seen silver and black ones in SA, Regards

Last edited:

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
hi there,
i have a nitrate SSV july 08 build 60th anniversary
As you say there were only 500 made in only 3 colours.
Mine has sunroof, gps, DVD, 20 inch supersports and mud flaps, they also put the Statesman Capri door handles on them, the rest same as yours.
Mine was ordered from factory and took 8 weeks for build.
There are not many around mate nice car.
Mine has been garaged everyday never been left out and i have just put 14,000 k's on it. Shines like the day i got it.
Enjoy it its the nicest car i ever had.
Let me know i can post some pics if you interested

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi jace75.
Yes they are a nice car, sounds like I have the same car in Nitrate , minus the mudflaps and GPS, the 60th had colour coded door handles .I can not complain that I did not get GPS , because I got it a a beaut price brand new. I would like to see some pictures of your car sounds like a beauty , I have done 70.000 km in mine I love driving it the day I picked it up I travelled to Canberra for a couple of days, and put 2700km on it, and every sunday morning I go for a cruise of about 100 ks I put it on liquid injection at about 40000kms and it is really cheap to run , I could not keep it in the garage, it would like being married and still being a virgin, I brought it to ienjoy and boy I do, I have pacemaker headers , D & T cat back and JTG liquid injection, the sound is addictive and who needs a radio ,also the rear spoil is 30cm higher that SSVs

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
Hi Silver Streak
I think you are nearly identical!
mine has the handles from a statesman i have had a look at the build paperwork i got with it.
wow you have done alot too yours. i have not touched mine.... my mrs would hang me by the ..... if i did she loves driving it also.
My mrs takes it to work maybe a cpl times a month to keep it going. we have too many cars i have a company car and a nissan patrol also and she has her mazda 3.

Mate how much have you spent doing it up sounds fantastic. Cn i ask what did you pay for yours? PM me the answer if you like. I got mine brand new also, I paid an absolute fortune and could now probably purchased a Clubsport for similar money....
Thats what you pay to be one of the first in syd to get one though....
Have you found any bad points to the car? i havnt used mine enough to answer the question.... when i have driven it i have found that it is hard to see out the back but the rear parking sensors on screen help heaps its that massive spoiler on it and i have found also the suspension is quite firm maybe too firm with the 20's. Apart from that i think it is the best car i have ever had and probably will ever have.
Yo know i thought when i got it the HSV Clubsports have heaps less than the model we have only diff was the 6.2 and suspension we got the nice stuff!!!

Last edited:

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi jace75,

The headers where $950 fitted,
D&T 2.5 cat back S/S $2250,
Liquid injection $5400,
$90 a panel breather element.
Try reducung your tyre pressure if the ride is too hard , I ran 40psi, and I probably did not notice the ride in Adelaide ,the roads are not as good as interstate, I did get use to the rear spoiler ,but it is also good because you can not see the person behind you while sitting at the lights.
I got 60000 ks out of the Bridgestone tyres OE, to replace the bridgestone was going to cost $650 to $700 so I put Kumho Ku31 ,and I have done just over 10000ks on them , at $300 each one can not complain, they are harder and the traction and stability controls come on more but they are worth the money.
My car is beautiful and runs like a dream and has never missed a beat, I had the heater hoses replaced at 4000 ks , as common fault of the V8 s they seem to have a slight oil leak at the rear of the motor an I have one as well only staining not leaking. I did find that I had a drone after putting on the exhaust, so after putting some wading in the boot it was better, and I really enjoyed the V8 throb that she had.
We moved house to more of a hilly area as she appeared to drone a bit more going up the hills, then I was playing with a flute one day and noticed the different sound as I moved my fingers down the scale the sound changed and the wind came out quicker so I thought If I get the gas out quicker as well it would change the sound and that made me get the headers, the cats are in the original postion and that saved me having a costly tune,
The headers gave my car a low deeper growl and minimised the drone to more pleasant level.
The car was $56800 in manual and $58800 in auto I have auto,I use to work at Holdens, my car was the last Silver one left.
it was brought over from Vic for me and I picked her up on Dec 08, she must of been sitting around for nearly 6 months.
You are right we have got the nice stuff $8000 of nice stuff the extras added up to, and you know jace75 it was worth the money over the HSV

Simone mcvittie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega dual fuel sedan
I just brought a 60th anniversary in nitrate..absolutely love it