Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V Auto Close Windows

CalaisVF2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 2013
Hey Fellas,

Asking for some help with a 2013 Calais V VF.

Just got my front windscreen replaced and was told the installation process would involve a 'recalibration'.

Prior to getting the windscreen changed, my windows would automatically close when I locked the car. This feature has now stopped working.

I cannot find anything about this setting and have found some posts saying it's an aftermarket module? I assume this recalibration has changed some of my settings?

Just wondering if anyone knows how to return it so that my windows auto close on locking the car!

Thanks

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Yes it sounds like you may have had an aftermarket module plugged into your OBD port (near driver's right knee) as that functionality is not standard.
The recalibration likely used this port, and the installer either forgot or just didnt plug the module back in.
Perhaps search glove box/door areas for a module that would plug in there.

CalaisVF2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 2013
Yes it sounds like you may have had an aftermarket module plugged into your OBD port (near driver's right knee) as that functionality is not standard.
The recalibration likely used this port, and the installer either forgot or just didnt plug the module back in.
IMG_20220103_200357_01.jpg

Thanks mate, think this might be it! Gonna try and plug it back in and see how we go

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You shouldn't have anything plugged into the OBD port. Don't plug it back in until you understand its function. Try the instructions below from the owners manual to fix your problem:

1641202488529.png

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it was my car, I'd be getting the windscreen mob out to fix it....After all, it is part of the installation process ,which you pay for

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
And if you can‘t find it anywhere within your car, ask the technician why he put the module in his pocket :p:rolleyes:

Good that you found it :cool:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
You shouldn't have anything plugged into the OBD port. Don't plug it back in until you understand its function. Try the instructions below from the owners manual to fix your problem:

View attachment 231578
This is different to what the OP is suggesting. The module auto shuts the windows when car is locked. The functionality you linked to is to shut the wjndow with one pull of the button rather than holding it.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Do we know if they work on VE & VF?

With other modules i have found the cruze has many of the same canbus messages as the vf so i would suspect that it will work if it works on the cruze.

I am not sure about the ve.

Someone would need to test it but i think the ve has the older direct type of window control where the vf is a canbus integrated system.