Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jordieb30

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Calais V LFX
Hey everyone, I've just bought myself a 2017 v6 calais v. Would've loved to go for the 6.2 to match dad's redline but unfortunately I'm on my p's for another 3/4 years. I want to replace the exhaust on the calais, but I don't know what to change it to. I want a little bit of a note and a little louder than stock but I don't want to be driving an absolute fart cannon. Im also looking for quad tips like was released on the v8 models, not trying to sound like a v8 or turn the car into one, I just feel like dual tips fit the exhaust cutouts in the bumper a lot nicer than the stock singles. Ive seen some 2.25"/2.5" xforce catbacks online but I've also seen things like the Redback mufflers which seem to fit the bill. I haven't been able to hear any of these in person so looking for a few opinions from your experience. Cheers everyone

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Doesn't a stock V8 catback fit?

You should be able to grab one for minimal outlay, possibly even free

For reference: I just binned a VF HSV full exhaust because no one wanted it, the catback and rear boxes are currently sitting in a scrap bin at work, the headers and cats were given to a guy who was putting a LS into a Skyline and needed something for test fitting

Jordieb30

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Calais V LFX
I
Doesn't a stock V8 catback fit?

You should be able to grab one for minimal outlay, possibly even free

For reference: I just binned a VF HSV full exhaust because no one wanted it, the catback and rear boxes are currently sitting in a scrap bin at work, the headers and cats were given to a guy who was putting a LS into a Skyline and needed something for test fitting
I believe it does fit on, there's a couple of vf2 ss catbacks on marketplace that are asking more than what it would seem to cost me for a brand new catback. And I believe the vf1 ss' were AFM which I understand don't really do much to the noise factor

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Offer them $100

People ask stupid amounts of money for stuff

Sometimes they just want it gone to clean out their shed/garage

Ask your local exhaust joint, sometimes they have a few laying around, and $100 cash os better than the money they would get if they stuck it in their scrap metal bin

Jordieb30

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Calais V LFX
Offer them $100

People ask stupid amounts of money for stuff

Sometimes they just want it gone to clean out their shed/garage

Ask your local exhaust joint, sometimes they have a few laying around, and $100 cash os better than the money they would get if they stuck it in their scrap metal bin
Good point, I'll try my luck!

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Yeah as the others have said the best exhaust for it will be a stock V8 exhaust. It gives a little more sound whilst not sounding nasty like a ebay catback

Jordieb30

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Calais V LFX
Yeah as the others have said the best exhaust for it will be a stock V8 exhaust. It gives a little more sound whilst not sounding nasty like a ebay catback
Yeah awesome. Do you recommend a vf2 v8 catback with bimodal and just leave the valves open/shut or a vf1 afm catback?