Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V vs Statesman

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Talking to my local friendly Holden salesman recently, he mentioned that they aren't selling many Statesmans. He has sold a Caprice, and a few Calais V's, but not a single Statesman yet. His explanation for this was that the Calais V is better equipped and cheaper - so why would anyone buy the Stato?

Any of our Holden dealers on this site experiencing the same thing?

john41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
November issue of wheels or Motor magazine (cant remember which) has a test with a 160k plus Merc, a 160k plus 5 series Bmw and a 60k Calais v.
The Merc won, but amazing enough, the Calais v came second.
Go Aussies.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
The LWB models look absolutelly sick. Everything about them is just right. Holden has made the point that the LWB models are only really goin to be high sellers overseas, so I think any they sell here is just bonus. The Wheels magazine also says that the Commodore will be going to the US. I think the potential of the VE is slowly being recognised.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The only car of the VE range i like is the caprice and statesmans, they are splendid looking rides and the ride of them is just wonderful, the decked out caprice is just superb.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Why are the statesmans grandpa cars?Some people just like the bigger cars.Ive had a couple and will continue to buy them.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Minux actually said something positive about the VE?! *falls off his chair* HAH! If I had the money, the Calais V would be mighty tempting. A barge would be, well just too big and I think the Calais V look alot better than the Statesman. The Caprice however... mmmm In black too :D