Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais vs Berlina

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
what are the differences between the vr\vs calais versus the berlina im considering a berlina because for some reason vr to vs berlinas seem to be 500 to 1000 cheaper than calais so can anyone tell me what the differences are between calais and berlina apart from the badges and the fact calais had a 5lt option and berlinas didnt as far as i know

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Mate the only difference between a Calais and a Berlina is the leather interior in the Calais and the two tone paint...everything else is spot on the same...there's only one other difference in motors and that is you can get a S/C v6 in a series 2 Calais...but you can't in the Berlina.

edit:: and you can get 5L Berlina's :)

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
A few other options too:

IRS (Independant Rear Suspension) is standard on the calais
Fog Lights on series II calais are standard
Dual airbags are standard on the Calais, whereas Berlina just has driver's airbag, which may have been optioned up.
Steering wheel controls also available on the Calais, as well as a Six CD changer

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
VR Calais series 1 only has 1 airbag. It has steering audio controls but the cd stacker must have been an option. The variable steering will spoil ya - very light when you're pottering around. The alloy wheels were different too, I think. There might be an extra light or 10 in the interior.

They're really much-the-same so go for the one in the best condition. A lot of Berlinas got optioned up anyways.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
dad had a berlina couple years ago nice clean car he also put the leather seats in it from a calais back then calais were more like 18k and berlinas more like 8-9k how times have changed

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Stacker stock in Calais,and yes the 5.0L was an option on Berlina

Calais had different trim options aswell.I own a 5L VS Berlina(as of yesterday).I wanted to get a wagon but i found a really nice sedan instead.

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
well mine doesnt... but i love mine to bits!!!