Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
hey guys i want to put that white tape across my tail lights the Calais drivers will know what I'm talking about.

Does anyone know what to use and where to get it?

cheers

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
easiest wau is to use a paint pen could some some clear over afterwards make sure there nice and clean before doing it

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
So i will have to tape up the bit's around where the pen goes along is this correct?
What type of pen where could i get it?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
depending on what colour you want white or silver some craft shops might have them but we get from work places that sell trade tool and equipment should have used a lot in fabrication industry the rub off fair easy but putting clear on should stop that.
anyways they just like a texta but with paint so just draw them on with steady hands

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Just do like Pub 24/7 says.
I did this about a month ago with a $5 silver paint pen from one of those Riot craft shops. Just take the garnish and tail lights off the car and take your time. Cos your painting on a ridge, its a lot easier. Just keep the pen straight.
I was even able to do the right tail light when it was still attached to the car...
It's not that hard mate. Took me about 30mins to do all of it. Also i havn't put a clear coat on it. If it fades, out comes the pen again.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Cheers guys that was really helpful i give it a go.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
or u could mask up the tail lights and garnish and use proper paint and spray it on. Its time consuming but well worth it, i did it with mine. Plastic primer does help also not only 2 help the paint stick but from cracking later on down the track, clear coat after is a must 2.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Alot of your local detailers do pin stripping and they can sell you the tape or do it for you, they don't charge to much!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
autobarn etc have the pin striping tape for a few bucks, thats what I used on the VK Calais to do the lights