Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calibration of speedo

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
Hi guys,

just trying to find some info on how to recalibrate my speedo in my vr v6 auto, i've recently put a set of 3.73:1 diff gears in her and the speedo is bout 17 - 19 klms out. and i need to find a way to fix it so i don't get any more speeding fines.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I know there's a guy down here that is supposed to be the speedo guru but since you're all the way up there it's not much good to you. You can look him up and give him a call though, might be able to point you in the right direction. He's in ballarat, google speedo and he should come up.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
a jaycar corrector kit works but will only help what is displayed on the dash i dont think they can help with the ecu reading wrong

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
thanx for the reply juzo, but i found that kit that delcowizzid was talking about i might give that a go. what do you mean about the ecu reading wrong?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
well vr auto the speedo goes into the ecu and then comes out to the dash the ecu uses the pulses to work out speed for gear changes etc for the electronic auto so your shifts may be a little different than they were before the gears.i dont think i have the pulses per km defined in my xdf or i could change it so you dont need the converter from jaycar.greenfoam may have the PPK defined in his xdf and be able to do a new tune to correct the problem and display the right speed.

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
the gear changes still seem to be in the correct pattern, it just seems to be out on the speedo because when i run the gps. its got a stage 2 shift kit if that makes any difference

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just get the jaycar kit then if you are happy with the shifts they work well

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
cool as thanx guys will hit em up tomorrow arvo. the instructions easy to follow? and do they tell you the wires to cut into?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you obviously need to solder it together which isnt too hard then it connects inline with the wire coming out of pin C12 on the ecu thats the feed from the ecu to the dash

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
ahh yeah i can can do that no worries. just so long as i know which wires to cut she'll be right