Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calling all hurricane exhaust owners

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey all,

just wondering if anyone out there with hurricane exhausts fitted to our cars have had the front two resonators removed and pieced in straight pipe instead?

im considering doing this to my car this week as i find my current setup a little on the quite side and the hurricane systems has 4 resonators in total two at the front and two at the rear.

anyone ever done this? even with other brands? I know the xforce and other brands only have one middle muffler then straight pipe out to the rear mufflers where as hurricane have an xpipe followed by two resonators then pipe followed by two more resonators before the final two mufflers?

ive heard that removing the front two will create a slight change in noise and removing the rear two will make for a drastic sound change. Anyone got any info or suggestions at all on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Hey mate. I had two removed but stumps me which two haha. Did make it bit louder but nothing riduculous. Going by that I'd say it would have been the front two

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
I got the 2.5 catback installed for $1100 by memory. Currently getting some quotes for the extractors and hi flow cats now. Oh and I got it from toys mufflers at redcliffe.

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Nah you could feel the car bit more responsive straight after. Was slight but still felt it. And yeah little bit of drone if you leave it 5th on the highway but put it in 6th and can't hear anything. I do have music on majority and can't e heard over that

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey mate. I had two removed but stumps me which two haha. Did make it bit louder but nothing riduculous. Going by that I'd say it would have been the front two

Sweet i think ill end up removing the front two. I have pacemaker headers shorty tri y's and 100 cpi cats as well so hopefully it doesnt make it over the top loud and unbearable with drone. I just want a bit more sound out of it. I got my hurricane system from Brisbane Exhaust Centre they were helpful and got a great price with it.