Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Callout Check

Rusty_789

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hi all i just picked up a vn commodore i got it cheap becazz the last ppl could not get it started:wax: thay had a callout done on the car. thay done a code test found no foult codes and suspect fuel pump not enough pressure:whistling So when i got the car home i check fuel pump seens to be lots of pressure:thumbsup: so now im lost the car turns over no probs and some times fires has spark but just wont go :bang: :bang: can any one help me with this im a s/dad and need my car to get my son to scholl and stuff so if any one can help me with this would be mint thanks:cry: :cry:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Well an enine needs 3 things as you know, with spark there and obviously air getting in that leaves fuel. I would say that fuel is not getting somewhere. Possibly could be blocked injectors, could still be a fault with the fuel pump.

My guess is some sort of fuel problem, somewhere to start anyway.

Rusty_789

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
slundy said:
Well an enine needs 3 things as you know, with spark there and obviously air getting in that leaves fuel. I would say that fuel is not getting somewhere. Possibly could be blocked injectors, could still be a fault with the fuel pump.

My guess is some sort of fuel problem, somewhere to start anyway.
Thanks for the quick Reply:thumbsup:
I have 2 cars here one for parts and i change the hole injector set up and was still the same there was lots of fuel in the injectors so looks like the fuel is getting to the injectors but the injectors are not letting the fuel in or some thing :unsure:

PS:the car i have for parts the moter runs nice so it cant be blocked injectors

and allso any one know if i can just change computers from one car to ather to test to see if it is that??

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
you could try that just so long as the computers were from the same make and model and same trans type.

Rusty_789

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
slundy said:
you could try that just so long as the computers were from the same make and model and same trans type.
yep both the same cars same color and all lol:D if the car has a prob it wont stuff the computer im going to try will it? and it did come up with no code errors dont that mean the computer is ok???

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
I'm not too sure mate, what you described sounds wierd. if fuel is getting there then it sounds like a computer thing. I think its past me mate.

Rusty_789

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
slundy said:
I'm not too sure mate, what you described sounds wierd. if fuel is getting there then it sounds like a computer thing. I think its past me mate.
Ok thanks for trying to help any ways :thumbsup:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
You should get a better responce come morning.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
HATER VP said:
Spark, Fuel and Compression

Amen brother. Although in this case I think we can rule out compression as a problem, to lose enough compression on enough cylinders to stop it from starting would be fairly catastrophic and most likely would have been noticed.

Fuel, ok so it has pressure at the fuel rail, and you've chucked in a set of spare injectors and it still aint happy, hmmm. Might be worth taking a few minutes to whip off the throttle body and make sure the bugger is clean, unlikely to stop it from starting but it can't hurt right? Once you've ensured that it's getting air and fuel then it's time to move on to spark.

You say it has spark, have you checked the plugs on all cylinders? What condition are the plugs/leads/dizzy cap in? If they're all cool then things could become interesting.

Like slundy said, if the cars are the same model and transmission type the computers will be interchangeable, and once again it can't hurt to try, but I'd be making sure all the basics were eliminated first.