Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calrion VX400A Double Din DVD Headunit

ewebz91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
This model has since been outdated and a new model of it has come out. But they are very much the same and some places you can still find this head unit

Features (off the top of my head)
6.5" DVD Touch Screen
6 x RCA Outputs
1 x AV input
1 x Rearview Camera Input
1 x USB Input
1 x AUX Input
1 x Video Output
1 x Remote Control

This is the headunit i bought for $500 at autobarn. Its mostly controlled via touchscreen (Exc Volume + Power buttons). For a basic touch screen head unit it is very good quality. I have had a ps2 connected up to this unit and was able to play the games very easily. Minimal blurring of fast paced play. The usb detects what sort of device is connected and adjusts its menu accordingly. For example the iPod lists Playlists, Artists, Songs etc, My old MP3 Player detects its folders and allows you to navigate through it. You can connect Steering Wheel Controls to this unit. DVD controls are excellent as well. The remote control is like most controls you find on a regular DVD player and the screen when you touch it gives you the basic stop, play fast forward etc.
All in all this is an excellent unit and to anyone looking to but a touch screen unit and not spend around $1500 i reccomend you get this unit.
Any questions about this feel free to ask.