Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cal's FG XR6T

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Yeah that's what I thought, driving lowered cars since I've had my p's I'm used to parking and taking speed humps sideways etc.

I've been 'umming and arring' so to speak about cutting the lower grill. Not sure because once you do there is no going back.

That's really interesting about the sunroof I didn't think about that. I'm keen to put them in and see how it sits.

Thinking about removing the spoiler and welding the holes over instead of a lip for something differnt. Seen a couple and it looks good when the car is lowered at a good height.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
You should Plasti Dip the fog light surrounds...
And leave the spoiler on, looks weird without one.

Also, what type of sunroof do you have? (what do the switches look like)

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Little update.

It didn't take me long to reconsider removing the lower grille. I love the look now. Also plasti dipped the Ford badge.

Full debadged the rear and side XR6 badges. Obviously keeping the turbo badge. Might remove one day but at the moment I like it.

Still waiting for my springs, they were supposed to be here a week ago. So I emailed GSL rallysport and he only sent them today. So I am pretty pissed off.
Next will be wheels, looking for something black 19". Not sure if I want Ford wheels or something aftermarket yet.

You should Plasti Dip the fog light surrounds...
And leave the spoiler on, looks weird without one.

Also, what type of sunroof do you have? (what do the switches look like)

I want to paint or plasti dip the chrome surrounds, not sure how well the plasti dip will stick as it a weird surface but no harm in trying so I might this weekend.

Off the top of my head I think its a Hollandia 500 because it has the auto close. I'll have to have a look at the manual and look. Ive got 1 / 2 / C / ^ / V

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ive got the Hollandia 700 series, with all the reinforcements in the roof. Seems like some FG's have issues keeping the "tilt" on the sunroof open when parked and locked. Mine doesn't - and its wired to the Viper alarm so I can open/close the roof whenever I feel like it from the remote.

And that front end looks 100% better with the grille cut out. Just needs the foglight plasti dipped and one of those "sports under armour" things to break up all the white a bit.

And my vote is for factory Ford wheels, everything else just looks "ok" for a short while, then you'll just want to put the stock 19's back on and it'll look mint.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Little update:

Got my springs finally, haven't put them in yet maybe this coming weekend. Also removed the rear muffler and put in a bit of straight pipe.

Its a fair bit louder, but im not sure if im 100% sold on it yet, its a bit droney.. (already have a full 4" dump to 3.5" exhaust.)

BTW I have the Hollandia 700 sunroof :D

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Put the rear muffler back.
Centre muffler is the one to be removed.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Been a while since an update, mostly because it hasn't moved in 2 weeks.

Long story short I bought new wheels. Put them on and drove a few km before realizing something was very wrong Front wheel was wobbling like crazy.
I potato'd and eventually figured out the hub rings were still on the hub from the old wheels.

I bought factory Ford wheel so they were not seated right. I sheared 3 studs on the front left. So I replaced the whole hub. Easy job really which was good.

Put the new wheels back on and everything seems to be good, front right feels a little weird but it might just be me over thinking it. Will diagnose more, need an alignment and balance tho.

Anyway! They are the limited edition mkII wheels in satin black, enjoy! (extra points for the flying seagull above)

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Not much to update at the moment as im going on holiday in a month so all my spare $ is going to that.

The wheels are wrapped in Dunlop Sports and they are terrible. Spin easily all through 3rd. Cant launch at all without going sideways..
Can anyone recommend some sticky tyres that arent going to cost an arm and a leg? :)

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
So for anyone who has any interest (unlikely) I had to get my car towed home last night.

It overheated, got really hot quickly. Didn't want to risk limping it home. There's no leaking coolant so I'm suspecting maybe a sticky thermostat.
I was planning on getting new diff bushes done this week anyway so I'll get my mechanic to fix both.

Ordered some 245/35/19 nitto invo's for the rear so I can actually hook up.
And that's about it for now, keen to drive her again with new diff bushes and tyres.