Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Cam and Crank Sensor o-rings

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have been on a journey. Rabbit holes everywhere.
What's the size of the o-ring on the cam and crank sensors? They are the same size from what I've found.
There is a few on eBay and Amazon US and can only be sourced from the US. Cost starts to edge toward a new sensor.

There's nothing wrong with the sensors, just the o-rings. I'll be buggered if I'm paying $100 to replace a little o-ring with a whole new sensor.

I've found some describe it as a dash 113 o-ring. Many say that is too thin.
I've found a link somewhere on this forum where the discussion went off on a tangent and then someone posts German Metric 15 x 2.5 Viton 75.

I have questions:
The viton refers to what it's made from?
75 the percentage of one of the materials?
Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 11.29.27 am.png

Is the seal mentioned 15mm across and 2.5mm thick?

I do know it has to be oil resistant and heat resistant.

Does anyone happen to know the diameter of the cam sensor where the seal fits? and the diameter of the sensor hole? (maybe have a spare sensor in the garage somewhere?)

I could try sort this with them out but prefer to have the o-ring already when I remove them.

I've also seen written somewhere that a hudraulic shop would have something to suit. No idea where to start looking for one in Perth and then if I do, would prefer to be able to ask for exactly what I'm after.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found an AC Delco one Part Number 19316338. However, not available.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i usually just go down to local bearing/industrial shop they usually have all kinds of orings, the viton ones are a far better quality

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Copy that. I sussed out a few places to call here in Perth.

It is really shitty that such a cheap simple part is not available. not even easy to find in the US.

From a marketing perspective, I don’t see this being a clever scam to get people buying AC Delco or GM parts at huge profit margins compared to the sale of an o-ring instead. Only drives people to the counterfeit market.

When I get one, I will post as many details as I can about sizing and where from etc. Unless someone else can jump in with that knowledge.

The Internet is full of dead ends on this subject.