Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam and engine work quote

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Yea that's what I thought, as long as it's serviced reguarly and treated alright it should last long enough. Thanks for your help:)

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
i thought all holdens came standerd with oil leeks. so its all good

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
saves doing oil changes, just keep adding new stuff and it will be all good trust me ;)

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Just out of curiosity eaton v8, do you have any leaks? I thought if you had a leak and then went and put forced induction through it that the leak would eventually just get bigger and bigger, because of all the extra pressure.

Marking their territory, thats gold!

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Have started browsing the trading paper for second hand reconditioned engines, found one from a vp ss thats done 50 000 after recon, I may go and have a look at it tomorrow, putting a second hand recon motor in would definately be cheaper than paying somebody to recondition mine, so I shall investigate. Any tips for inspecing second hand engines?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
no not any more i had a slight front main leak but it got fixed when the new ballencer went on. but as for leaks getting bigger i would have thought that maybe the dipstick would be the first point of call to let excess boost out.