Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAM and Ported heads and Extractors and ECU chip

aussiepride94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
how much extra power would i be seeing from CAM and Ported heads and Extractors and ECU chip upgrades just roughly ?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Stage 1 and stage 2 mean nothing, every manufacturer has different specs. I have a mild cam, ported heads, exhaust and tune, and I'm pushing close too 150rwkw.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Depends on so many things man - are you going to increase compression? How wild are the heads going to be grinded and will they use oversized valves? What the cam specs are?...
So variables, these are just a few. I'd never waste time and money putting in a tiny cam, so make sure it's a decent improvement over the stock one or there is no point - in other words, not a "stage 1" cam, as these are usually just "towing cams" or used to touch up the torque a little bit, but make no decent gains for what it cost to change a cam over.
I'd say if your playing it fairly tame with the gear your planning on getting then you might walk away with 130rwkw. Which is about 20rwkw over a stock ecotec running well.