Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam And Roller Lifters VR V6

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I know a couple of blokes who have better cams fitted in their V6's and they go well for N/A 6's.I will be doing this to my VSV6 in the next couple of months.Its not just the lift,its also the duration of the cam,or how long the valves are held open for,people go on about lift,you dont need huge valve lift to make good power,a longer duration will do the same thing with less stress on the valvetrain components,ask the guys where you buy it from about it anyway,theyll steer you in the right direction if they know their stuff, and you only need heavy valve springs if your reving it up around the redline all the time.Also you should always fit new lifters with the new cam, as the lifters and cam lobes wear in as a matched set basically, if you fit a new cam with old lifters,it will wear the new cam lobes out in no time.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
Yeh thanks for that Brett_JJ i just spoke to MACE and they said they have designed a cam specially for high-ratio rockers and he said also i should
do double row timing chain and upgraded valve springs...

dwayno98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6 commodore vx v6 commodore vs l67 statesman c
Yeh thats the thing i aint got no idea on what cam to get...i messaged MACE and they said we might be able to help you we might not
And i have found someone that tunes the old buicks so if i do go ahead with it..i should be ok

So what do you think a S1 or S2 CAM??
Hey bud who are you seeing about your buick being tunned,
I have a vr bucik that I'm putting a cam package in and it's just had the t5 manual conversion done but I'm using the auto computer and loom so I need it tuned regardless haha with or without cam.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Dude! that post was from 2011 and that user hasn't been online since 2020.