Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam change. HELP NEEDED.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
hate to point out to ya, but the disy runs of the cam shaft that ya gunna change!:hit:

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
genIIIbandit said:
hate to point out to ya, but the disy runs of the cam shaft that ya gunna change!:hit:

Cheers for pointing out the obvious. Much appreciated. However why pull the dizzy all the ay out when you can just loosen it and pull it up above the cam when it is time to change? Makes sence to me.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Nope, pulling my hair out. Never had one this hard.

*goes in search of angle grinder*

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
just scratch away at the gasket on the side if it is stuck and then lever it off with a screwdriver if thats what your stuck on

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Yeah thats what ive been trying but I cannot get a screwdriver under it anywhere. Last resort is to try removing the sump and hitting from behind. failing that I might try wedging something in behind it to break parts off.......

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
F**K YEAH!

Hes done it boys and girls. I rooted a screwdriver hammering it in behind it, but sacrifices have to be made. Now out with the old, in with the new.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Ok found some things while i was in there. I have a double row timing chain, made by someone, and the cam I pulled out has the same markings as my new one.

Whats with this? My new cam is a dynotec (cheapy i know) and is marked exactly the same as my old cam with the exception of a stamp on the end.

My question is: what are the markings of a standard cam? Have I bought a dud?