Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam Help

Hesko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
hay,

Going in for a cam package done to my car soon and still trying to choose between 2 different cams. 1 is the comp cam 228/230 which i've heard, other is a C.O.M.E cam 874 which i haven't heard. I believe the come cam is a lot lumpier 232/242 so will kick in at higher revs just wondering if its a good brand. I dont no much about cams but i can;t find any threads on the COME cams or website at all. And if anyone could tell me what the real difference will be in driving etc between the 2 and if both can be used with forced induction. I'm after a load lumpy sound but not at the cost of performance. Also they will be going in a VY.

Last edited:

HSV99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 HSV SV99
Don't know much about the COME cam but I've found the COMP 228/230 112 to be a pretty good cam. Not ideal for forced induction. If you were planning on FI down the track prob have a look at the 224/230 114. Still a good cam N/A but also works well with F/I.

Hesko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
yeah i no a guy who has the 228/230 in a manaro with a harrop supercharger and works wonders for him pulling some big numbers. The C.O.M.E cams that i have read have a really nice sounding note and the come 874 cam is really easy to achieve over 290 rwkw with springs etc. The 228/230 has a lot more valve lift at .571 in and 573 ex compared to the "come" cam with .550in .559 ex. So guessing that the "Come" has longer duration but less valve lift. But yeah i'm not to sure how all that works and if duration is better than valve lift and which 1 increasing which area of power.