Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam Q?

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
hey guys just wondering if yous could help me out with some sites to get a cam and spring pakage from? its for an ls1.. And also how will a fairly hot cam effect my fuel ecconemy?

cheers

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hey mate, i have vuss with cam,mafless tune,cold air, extractors, exhaust.plenty of power but down low being manual is easy to stall due to cam,was told by 1 bloke you must pick correct cam if manual other wise a pig to drive in traffic.not sure of my power as i havent had it tuned since owning it.currently only getting 300 out of tank,but i still drive it pretty hard.600k on highway.think the best if got was 400k city.

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
i have all the same mods as well and my car is also manual. im used to driving cars with aggressive cams in them so i should be right:) oh yeh the kms arnt to bad i thought it might have been worse, im currently getting 12-13ltrs per 100km so it will probly go up to some where around 15ltrs per 100km i think i can handle that lol

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
also a mate of mine has a cam for sale for an ls1 but he doesn no what sort it is! so does anyone no a site where i can type the cam number into an it will bring up the specs for me?

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hey mate what power are you getting, have you had it dyno? around 260 270kw? cheers

loveless

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 SII Tiga SS Ute!
ive got 248kw atw at the moment and they reckon i could get a few more horses with a retune, but once i get the cam in ill get it retuned and hopefully ill see around the 300rwkw