Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam Recommendations

W

whisky

I have a VR V6 Manual with the following mods.

Induction: CAI, K&N Hi Flow Air filter
Exhaust: 1 1/4" Primaries ( I think ) Extractors, Hi Flow 2 1/2" Cat, 2 1/2" Cat back system with a TriFlow muffler.

The internals of the motor are stock.

So here is my dilema, I am still running my old VR V6 Auto computer with a chip for the manual. But the computer has no way of telling the speed it is... so it will stall sometimes when pulling up at traffic lights and a few more hiccups like that. I was going to wait till I could find a manual ECU and wiring harness until I did the cam. But I figure I may as well do the cam and then tune an ecu to match since finding a VR Manual ECU is getting harder and harder.

What would you all recommend for a cam setup for my car. Performance is obviously a must and i'm not too concerned with having a ( quota me if i'm wrong ) lopey? idle... As long as it's justified by some get up and go. heh.

Cam + Timing Chain Kit + Lifters + Valve Springs to match. Maybe thinking about putting some roller rockers on.

Cheers in advance.

-whisky

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Only go the roller rockers in to instances:
1) Higher ratio rollers if you don't want to add a cam.
2) Stock ratio adjustable ones on hi-po applications
Don't need both.
AirStrike :air:

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
If you have the money to spend, a custom cam will always be better.