Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam upgrade

erik95vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs commodore
Hey, Im looking into upgrading the cam In my vs ecotec because im a p plater so I dont want my car to sound lumpy as hell, what stage cam do you recomend and if I will need rockers and other upgrades
I dont want to spend to much money but at the same time understand that its probably not gonna be cheap. Im new to this stuff as I only got into it a year ago but if you could give me a price and what I would be looking at for parts.
Thanks!!

MACE

Reaction score
"Im looking into upgrading the cam In my vs ecotec because im a p plater so I dont want my car to sound lumpy as hell, what stage cam do you recomend"
You could go a stage 1 or 2 cam kit. For further details about this product please refer to the link below:

PERFORMANCE COMP CAMS TO SUIT HOLDEN 3.8L ECOTEC V6 VS VT VX VU VY - Mace Engineering Group

"and if I will need rockers and other upgrades"
Rockers are not required with these cam as they can cause engine damage due to the too much lift. If you want to go with Rockers ten we would recommend you to go with our Crow cams to suit. The last option is to just consider our High Ratio Roller Rockers with no Cams which are shown in the link below:

HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS FOR HOLDEN ECOTEC AND L67 V6 - Mace Engineering Group

I dont want to spend to much money but at the same time understand that its probably not gonna be cheap. Im new to this stuff as I only got into it a year ago but if you could give me a price and what I would be looking at for parts. "
Prices and other information can be found by the above links. For further information on what is available for your vehicle please look at the performance packages below.

Knowledgebase -
--
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Jason

erik95vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs commodore
Thanks for that information. it has helped alot!
Juat to be clear I only have to get a cam with that peformance package and nothing else

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
We sincerely apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Please let us know if you still need our help and we will take it from there.

"Thanks for that information. it has helped alot!"
No problems, happy to help :)

"Juat to be clear I only have to get a cam with that peformance package and nothing else"
No problems, please let us know when you're ready and we will take it from there.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Jason