Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam VS supercharger

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Boosted will lean out massively. And n/a will still be leaning out badly.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Not anymore, a us company is producing a variable pressure blower that you can adjust from the drivers seat, I think it works in the same manner as cvt,a belt around two pulleys with a changeable circumference.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
think ill stick to my current blower set up and use my right foot to adjust boost...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Not anymore, a us company is producing a variable pressure blower that you can adjust from the drivers seat, I think it works in the same manner as cvt,a belt around two pulleys with a changeable circumference.

there's the thing you can get they're called electronic boost controllers kind of do same thing on turbo's.....

seriously though this threads a good read......

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
there's the thing you can get they're called electronic boost controllers kind of do same thing on turbo's.....

seriously though this threads a good read......

As an alternative to a manual adjustment... Been around for a while now and if someone wants a super charger that can be changed from mild to wild, street to strip without ripping of pulleys? I think turbos the way to go but, to each his own.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Boost controller needs to be installed by the tuner who sets the max boost to the ideal engine tune, then wind it way down for the idiots.
Otherwise it's a self-destruct controller isn't it?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
why buy a 6L v8 and worry about fuel economy is my first question.

They are both different to drive, PD blower has that low end stomp, but if you love to mercilessly thrash a car cam goes well too.

big difference in price, say with a PD blower at 7psi you will make approx 360rwkw, with a decently streetable cam might make 320rwkw, is that 40rwkw worth near $7-10k to you?

KW's are an imaginary number calculated by how much torque the car makes at a set rpm? Either way a supercharger with **** all over a cam when it comes to torque increase.