Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro Brembo brake upgrade on VE SS

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
The larger rear rotor (ie. the Camaro equivalent) won't work on the VE as the handbrake drum offset and size is different. Pretty much just run the HSV rear, and either have the pad overhang, or grab one of our custom made pads to suit. HPX are $119, A1RM are $179. Fronts to match are $110 and $149 respectively.

With regards to rotors, easiest option on both is the 4000 Series Front to suit Redline, which are currently on special, $150.15 each, and then we've got straight slot HSV rear 4000 series rotors in stock which we had made to match, $231 each.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Greg, above, is who I have told all 'my' purchasers to get their rotors from. If you check out the pics of my fronts in my ride thread, you will see what we are doing for the rears.

Other guys have been using the HSV styled curved slotted rotors,

Greg and the guys at GSL are the best

Hegsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo
Hi everyone
I have a spare pair of 4 pot Redline Brembo callipers, can someone confirm that these will bolt straight onto the rear of a GXP Maloo and that you have to go to a 350mm rear disc (plus cut down dust shield)?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
No.....
The brembo calipers that fit nicely for the rear are CTS-V calipers

Hegsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo
Hi Bonners

Where do you get the CTS-V callipers from?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
PM sent mate.

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
How do people get ESP reprogrammed to take into account the brake upgrades?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm no expert, but I have not seen that question raised once in all my research of this topic for the VE. That said, it is a valid comment so will ask a few questions. Throwing it out there, I suspect it may not be an issue as I am sure I would have seen it raised at least once. I have read a lot of forum posts on this matter.

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
Throwing it out there, I suspect it may not be an issue as I am sure I would have seen it raised at least once. I have read a lot of forum posts on this matter.

As much as I recognise that I'm asking the question in a forum, I don't know that forum posts are an authority on whether it'll work or not. The reason I ask is because Holden and HSV send their cars to Sweden (and pay millions) to get the ESP calibrated correctly based on the brake packages, the engine, the body type etc. So chucking a set of 6 pots onto an SS is going to throw that calculation WAY out. Speaking to a HSV engineer, he had exactly the same thoughts. Even with an SSV, it's a completely different ECU to that on an SSV Redline, so you can't just throw the brakes on an expect the ESP to use it properly. The upgraded brakes MIGHT fall within the parameters of the program, but it's unlikely from what I have already been told. However I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Andy@SquashPerformance

Squash Performance
Reaction score
Website
www.squashperformance.com
Members Ride
2009 G8 GT
Hey Guys,

I'm the one who first put the front and rear Camaro brakes on the G8. That 3d model of the bracket is also mine :) I just thought I would post about my experiences with the brakes since I am pretty sure I've beaten mine more than almost anyone. I've done a lot of road racing with my G8 and I also won a start/stop competition. The TVS helped the starting, but the braking was insane, nobody could believe it. I also did I think 5 track days the year I put the brakes on - here's a video from one of them Blackhawk Farms 10-20-2010 - Andy - YouTube

There are some folks in the US buying the HSV rotors and trimming the pads. We also have next to no manual transmissions (grrr) so the hand brake issue isn't as much of a problem in the US and most just run without it.

Andy