Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro is go, in Holden showrooms next year

Why buy Holden Camaro?

• Total voters

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Cobra 1 -2 on the mountain, yep, was a pig. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. Both the Cobra and the LE were just a way to get rid of excess 2 door bodies. I prefer a Goss over a Cobra, much nicer looks. Wish I had never gotten rid of my XA GS coupe.

At least the bowtie belongs on the Camaro....

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I think it's a great move by Holden/HSV. It had no other choice and should've cranked up Camaro imports back when Mustang snuck in in RHD form and stole a big slab of the market. Without its core V8 product Holden needs to do anything/everything it can to stay alive and Camaro aint going to hurt that plan. I know we're all used to four-door V8 Holdens but when you haven't got that choice, it's either Camaro...or you switch to European and pay through the nose.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The problem is your selling a 60K car for 90K, the math simply doesn't work. The whole point of both the Camaro and Mustang is supercar performance for working man prices.

You have to wonder how much HSV had to bend Holden's arm to rubber stamp this deal because not long ago both GM and Holden were adamant there was no market for it. Sure there will be sales but it won't sell in big numbers and it's a real possibility Holden will use that excuse to not mass import the next gen model even though it will come in both LH and RH drive from the factory. Lets hope I'm wrong....

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem is your selling a 60K car for 90K, the math simply doesn't work. The whole point of both the Camaro and Mustang is supercar performance for working man prices.

I don't really see price as a major problem. Die hard lion-badged V8 fans (or non-Ford folk generally) will buy Camaro, guaranteed. They might not sell as many Camaros as SSs or Clubsports but there will still be sales. Not mention HSV is a V8 company that simply wont exist without a V8 product. It'd die a quick death trying to hot-up Colorados. Holden (for image) and HSV both need Camaro to survive.

Who knows, Camaro might even steal some Stinger sales!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'll certainly have a look when they come out.
Much prefer a 2 door coupe to a sedan...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
This all about Jobs for the American at the expense of Australian's. Yes our Pollies bent down and are being shafted by the yanks and this have noting to do with saving our planet.
What Croc of Sh.it

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
This all about Jobs for the American at the expense of Australian's. Yes our Pollies bent down and are being shafted by the yanks and this have noting to do with saving our planet.
What Croc of Sh.it
I`m thinking the same.
Trump said Jobs for the American

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I don't really see price as a major problem. Die hard lion-badged V8 fans (or non-Ford folk generally) will buy Camaro, guaranteed. They might not sell as many Camaros as SSs or Clubsports but there will still be sales. Not mention HSV is a V8 company that simply wont exist without a V8 product. It'd die a quick death trying to hot-up Colorados. Holden (for image) and HSV both need Camaro to survive.

Who knows, Camaro might even steal some Stinger sales!

don't be so sure, if you want to see the future of companies like HSV you only need to look at some of GM's other branches like Vauxhaul.

No really take a look....

sure they have VXR8 right now, but they sell a lot more than that.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microapps/vxr/

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
don't be so sure, if you want to see the future of companies like HSV you only need to look at some of GM's other branches like Vauxhaul.

No really take a look....

sure they have VXR8 right now, but they sell a lot more than that.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microapps/vxr/

Yeah but the UK and Europe has always had an appetite for hot hatches and hot small cars, not so much Australia. HSV couldn't survive without V8s. It'll be tweaking Camaro (and Corvette?) for as long as it is allowed.

Interesting to see the montage of the VXR8 flash over a HSV badge on the dash. It appears to be badged VXR but also HSV in places.