Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro is go, in Holden showrooms next year

Why buy Holden Camaro?

• Total voters

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I think that the Camaro was inevitable, but how successful it will be on the sales chart is debateable.
Price ? Practicality ? Looks ? There are customers who can afford it, don't care about how useful it is, and like how it looks.
I think GM/Holden/HSV have missed the boat. The number of V8 Mustangs available on Carsales indicates that they were either bought as an 'profiteering investment' which has backfired on the greedy buggers, or they would be useful as an everyday car carrying passengers to and from the shops.
So maybe the curiosity of V8 RWD coupes has been mainly satisfied.?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I keep thinking of history repeating itself. For both dynasties of Monaros, they sold in reasonable numbers in year one then sales gradually fell away. Same for the old Falcon Hardtops. Aussies don't buy lots of large two doors and I think it will happen again.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I keep thinking of history repeating itself. For both dynasties of Monaros, they sold in reasonable numbers in year one then sales gradually fell away. Same for the old Falcon Hardtops. Aussies don't buy lots of large two doors and I think it will happen again.

I think you may just be right , it's the same in NZ , if people want a two door sports , then they go Japanese , where I live anyway the large V8 four door market seems to be cornered by the Germans , with a smattering of Lexus or Fuga V8

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I keep thinking of history repeating itself. For both dynasties of Monaros, they sold in reasonable numbers in year one then sales gradually fell away. Same for the old Falcon Hardtops.

Yep. For those who are old enough to remember the clever contrived 'marketing' of the Falcon Cobra, and the Holden HX (not a Monaro) LS.
Holden were pretty spot on about the predicted sales of the V2 Monaro, that's ignoring the huge bonus of the Pontiac GTO..

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
...but it's not a Holden. It's an American import.

What does that matter?
Apart from the commodore, there all imports.
Any way most of commodore parts of late, are imported, and just assembled into a car here.