Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro is go, in Holden showrooms next year

Why buy Holden Camaro?

• Total voters

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
It will be in selected hsv dealerships, Sold by Holden but not branded or badged as such.
It will be sold as a Chevrolet Camaro with the bowtie

Marc 1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z series SS WAGON 6 speed Manual
I like it.

hsv-camaro-sweet-dream-main.jpg
Apparently the steering is getting converted in Australia. I would prefer it was factory RHD. It's always going to be a better ride.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Camaro is a very good thing.
If I could put pics on this forum I could show you me in Honolulu with Camaro.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Apparently the steering is getting converted in Australia. I would prefer it was factory RHD. It's always going to be a better ride.
It will be done by HSV, until the next gen platform comes out in RHD.

Marc 1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
80-90k for a car thats a conversion or Mustang for 50k?
I agree, it needs to be factory RHD. I wouldn't want walkinshaw converting my car. Its never the same when conversion is done afterwards

Marc 1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep. For those who are old enough to remember the clever contrived 'marketing' of the Falcon Cobra, and the Holden HX (not a Monaro) LS.
Holden were pretty spot on about the predicted sales of the V2 Monaro, that's ignoring the huge bonus of the Pontiac GTO..

The HX was a lemon and the Cobra was and is a Pig. GTO would be nice with big block

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The HX was a lemon and the Cobra was and is a Pig. GTO would be nice with big block

Please explain how the "HX was a lemon". There were only 600 odd made, they were never marketed as a performance car and they all sold. Today they are highly prized as the last classic 2 door Holdens and those who have them maintain them to a high standard. Wish I had one of those "lemons" in my garage.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yep. For those who are old enough to remember the clever contrived 'marketing' of the Falcon Cobra, and the Holden HX (not a Monaro) LS...

Huge embarrassment !!!! Just realised I referred to a HX ( Not a Monaro) LS. LE coupe, dimwit !!! Not LS. ( Head hung in SHAME.)
Anyhow, OK, maybe the emmissionised, emasculated 308 was not the most wonderful bit of GMH gear, but the car was stunning for its time. I looked, but that was all I could afford to do.

The Cobra ? With a bit of lipstick it was a good looking pig. And today you wouldn't even think about making it into pork sausages.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Huge embarrassment !!!! Just realised I referred to a HX ( Not a Monaro) LS. LE coupe, dimwit !!! Not LS. ( Head hung in SHAME.)
Anyhow, OK, maybe the emmissionised, emasculated 308 was not the most wonderful bit of GMH gear, but the car was stunning for its time. I looked, but that was all I could afford to do.

The Cobra ? With a bit of lipstick it was a good looking pig. And today you wouldn't even think about making it into pork sausages.
Don't beat yourself up about it mate. We knew what you meant.