Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Kit For SL's Required?

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
If I were to get SL's in the rear of my car, and keep the FE2's in the front, would I require a camber kit? I have a Series 1 VX Commodore.

Cheers,
Chris.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
iv heard that only series 1 vx need camber kits, apparently series 2 have a different rear suspention setups

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
As above get a camber kit it'll help get more kms out of ur tyres. n remember the lower u go the more camber u put on the rears.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
but would it matter so much if his going from fe2? I've been wondering this too as i have fe2 on my car atm, and want to go lower (all round though).

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
iv heard that only series 1 vx need camber kits, apparently series 2 have a different rear suspention setups
Sort of correct...

VX1 and prior don't have any adjustment, so to do the job properly you need a 4 point kit. VX2 onwards already have limited toe adjustment, so you can get away with a 2 point kit, but going to a 4 point kit will give more adjustment that what the OEM setup will.