Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

camber kit question..

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
thanksguys....what about the toe link? im asuming thats the little bar from the control arm to the car?...how is that problem rectified?

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
the toe link is only on vx series 2 onwards, on sedans and wagons, it keeps the camber respectable while alowing you to adjust toe. if your car doesnt have it it requires new x-member, trailing arms and the toe links, very pricey unless you buy second hand.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ohh sorry man, i was thinking of the stabiliser link bar......lol noob....thanks guyss..

FreddyFlint209

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx sedan
Sorry for been a total newb / noob but we all had to start somewhere. My Right rear tyre is wearing out majorly on the inside only. I was told once before that I need a towing kit, and to go buy one, get it fitted and then return to get the wheel corrected. Yet, everytime I search for it, or ask around I get pointed to tow bars and stuff. I couldn't see how this is going to fix the problem. After reading through the forums I found this page. maybe they meant to say toeing kit. From what I've been told I have the early model VX 2001 sedan which doesn't have any rear wheel adjustments (so I was told). I could check the vin plate if it helps. or look for something if someone provides a photo of what I am looking for. Do I purchase something like this??
Super PRO IRS Rear Camber Adjustment Bush KIT FOR Commodore VT VU VX VY VZ | eBay
or is it something different?
Any help or links, suggestions, etc. I am a country pensioner so I can't afford much and after talking with the local suspension place they are asking for $80 just to take a look. :-(
Thanks In Advance -Fred

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
They meant "tow in" kit , a kit like you linked to is the thing you want to help stop the tyres scrubbing out, it dos tow and camber adjustment, you are looking at 300-400 install cost on top of the price.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you constantly tow with this car, I'd suggest getting some airbags fitted to the rear....This helps keep the rear end adjustments correct....by adding weight to the rear, the rear "squats" down, which effects camber and toe....Adding air to the bags, lifts the rear up, to where it normally sits, therefore preventing premature inner edge wear....

The cost is about $400 to $500 installed, but cheap compared to replacing tyres constantly

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
hmmm

If you constantly tow with this car, I'd suggest getting some airbags fitted to the rear....This helps keep the rear end adjustments correct....by adding weight to the rear, the rear "squats" down, which effects camber and toe....Adding air to the bags, lifts the rear up, to where it normally sits, therefore preventing premature inner edge wear....

The cost is about $400 to $500 installed, but cheap compared to replacing tyres constantly

JUST GO READ VY INTO VT ,YOU ARE BETTER OFF GETTING A VY REAR END AND PUT IT IN ......:boxing:

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Sorry for been a total newb / noob but we all had to start somewhere. My Right rear tyre is wearing out majorly on the inside only. I was told once before that I need a towing kit, and to go buy one, get it fitted and then return to get the wheel corrected. Yet, everytime I search for it, or ask around I get pointed to tow bars and stuff. I couldn't see how this is going to fix the problem. After reading through the forums I found this page. maybe they meant to say toeing kit. From what I've been told I have the early model VX 2001 sedan which doesn't have any rear wheel adjustments (so I was told). I could check the vin plate if it helps. or look for something if someone provides a photo of what I am looking for. Do I purchase something like this??
Super PRO IRS Rear Camber Adjustment Bush KIT FOR Commodore VT VU VX VY VZ | eBay
or is it something different?
Any help or links, suggestions, etc. I am a country pensioner so I can't afford much and after talking with the local suspension place they are asking for $80 just to take a look. :-(
Thanks In Advance -Fred

I fitted one of these kits myself, next time I would get the job done at a suspension place. I fitted the 4 way adjustment kit and the results were very good. less that 1 degree camber, that was from 3 degrees and negligible toe. Even the suspension place was impressed with the results from the last alignment to that one. As a result the tyres were worn completely evenly when I replaced them last week.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
JUST GO READ VY INTO VT ,YOU ARE BETTER OFF GETTING A VY REAR END AND PUT IT IN ......:boxing:

So how do you prevent premature tyre wear, when they're used for towing constantly then? Bear in mind, adding weight to the rear of these, causes the back end to squat more, therefore creating more negative camber and toe out? Camber and toe is what causes the edge wear that they suffer.

I would also like you to show me where the camber adjusters are in the VY's.....Being a dumb ass that does alignments, I would dearly love a hint where they're located, so I can start adjusting them for customers, that use their commodores for towing, or ones that lower them. I can save them a packet, because they don't have to buy aftermarket adjusters, nor airbags...It would also be a great help to others on this forum as well

Love to hear your answers SMARTIE

Last edited: