Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

camber kit question..

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
hey guys, going to be putting a camber kit in my VX wagon...and i was reading my instructions and it says that fitting to both inner and out pivots can create damage to the diff and driveshaft...i dont understand why they supply for both then, is it true? any thoughts? do most people to both anyway?

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
if its been put in right and adj right then its all good.

cause by changing the angle of the axels puting more wear on cv joints i think....

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
you can only use the 4 point adjustment on pre-vs irs

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
because a 4 point kit pulls the wheel in a the bottom and not pushes the top out, the driveshafts can be pushed into the diff, and if there is no plunge(in and out movement) on the driveshaft it buggers the cv's and diff bearings. you can fit a 4 point to any irs commodore as long as it hasnt got the factory toe link.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ok, well im putting in sedan superlows in my wagon....will having just 2 point give me enough adjustment??..
also, which bit is the toe link? what do i have to replace it with?

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ok, well im putting in sedan superlows in my wagon....will having just 2 point give me enough adjustment??..
also, which bit is the toe link? what do i have to replace it with?

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
vx s1 will need the 4 point

vx s2 should only need 2 point

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
i know i need the 4 point...but people have said that putting all 4 in will create damage...how do i stop the damage?

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
It will be fine with 4 point adjustment,because once aligned on a alignment machine and tightened up it can't come loose,just today got my rear camber adjusted on my 2001 VX R8,because it had a super low kit in it and the rear wheels where cambered in to buggery so i thought i needed a camber kit put it then found out that it alreay had noltec camber kit on all 4 points,now its all adjusted up and handling like its on rails

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
you just have to make sure the drive shafts move in and out after adjustment, all you need is a minimum of 3-4mm, if youy have that with a 4 point kit it good.